What I've noticed since losing my weight...

Options
LuisZav
LuisZav Posts: 197
People can be downright shallow. All of a sudden women who I've known for years are interested. I mean, I understand that they weren't attracted to the 370 pound me, but hey I'm still the same person I was back then. Guys are no different. They all of a sudden wanna hang out around me, as if I'm "worthy" of being in their presence. Hmm, maybe it's just me who has this issue.

Replies

• angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I totally agree man. I get what you are saying. Now that Im smaller guys have been complimenting me and hitting on me. Which, guys never payed attention to me before. They have been treating me totally different honestly. Even my male friends, not hitting on me necessarily, just, treating me differently.

I suppose we can consider them all shallow, but there might be another side to it.

Since I have lost weight I've been wearing more form fitting clothes, painting my nails and wearing make up, just taking more of an interest in my appearance and my femininity. I am also more outgoing. Maybe you have been doing something similar to that. Or just carrying yourself with more confidence and dignity. Perhapse people are drawn to that. Possibility?
  • LuisZav
    LuisZav Posts: 197
    Options
    Yeah, I can totally see that. I do walk around with more of a..dare I say "swagger". Hmm, well that gives me something to think about.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Would you want to date a walking heart attack, no matter how nice they may be, being aware of the eventual, inevitable, emotional suffering of you and such a partner?
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would deff consider your swag lol.

ironanimal, that is fair but it kinda hurts anyway.
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    People can be downright shallow. All of a sudden women who I've known for years are interested. I mean, I understand that they weren't attracted to the 370 pound me, but hey I'm still the same person I was back then. Guys are no different. They all of a sudden wanna hang out around me, as if I'm "worthy" of being in their presence. Hmm, maybe it's just me who has this issue.

Women can suck just as much as men do...that's for sure! I hope you don't give them the time of day.

As for the men....were your male friends more active and in better shape than you when you were 370? I'm making a huge assumption here but it could be you just have more in common with your male friends now and that's whats making them wanting to hang with you more. Or they could just be total a holes and you need to get out there and make better friends who value you as a person.

In any case, I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Us women sometimes forget that men have struggles too!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I totally agree man. I get what you are saying. Now that Im smaller guys have been complimenting me and hitting on me. Which, guys never payed attention to me before. They have been treating me totally different honestly. Even my male friends, not hitting on me necessarily, just, treating me differently.

I suppose we can consider them all shallow, but there might be another side to it.

Since I have lost weight I've been wearing more form fitting clothes, painting my nails and wearing make up, just taking more of an interest in my appearance and my femininity. I am also more outgoing. Maybe you have been doing something similar to that. Or just carrying yourself with more confidence and dignity. Perhapse people are drawn to that. Possibility?

i agree...when you like yourself more people do respond.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,224 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I can totally see that. I do walk around with more of a..dare I say "swagger". Hmm, well that gives me something to think about.

I was going to say something similar. Yes, in many ways you are the same person, but I find as I lost the weight I became much more confident, and that confidence is very attractive to many people. So while being the same, you are not really completely the same.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Would you want to date a walking heart attack, no matter how nice they may be, being aware of the eventual, inevitable, emotional suffering of you and such a partner?
    This not to mention that a lot of personalities flip around after you lose weight and gain confidence. I think sometimes its in the persons head as well. I date someone who is far far less active then me. It keeps us from doing allot of things together, some people try connecting with people who do the same things they do. If they meet someone who doesn't do those things, they move on.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    This brings me back to something I learned in college. When you are more comfortable and confident in yourself, you become more approachable. I used to think that I needed to "dress up" to go out to the bars (it was the mid to late 90's, so everyone was wearing tight flared leg black pants and skimpy tank tops. Anyhow, EVERY time I went out like that with make up on and hair done nicely no one would talk to me. Then, on the nights I went straight from class to go out, wearing jeans and a hoodie I would end up getting a handful of phone numbers and all kinds of attention...comfort in your own skin goes a LONG way!