Semi-Newbie in Austria / UK

Options
Hiya,

I am back and forth between Austria and the UK. Have been using MFP for about a month now!

I have learned SOOO much! I was eating rubbish and didn't understand how my body worked with regards to nutrition and exercise.

This past month has been a wonder in terms of the amount of information and feedback I have received to start me on my weightloss journey.

I can tell you that those FAT DAYS are in the past. First time in my life I have felt this way, and am enjoying this feeling.

btw, am on basically a LOW CARB, High Protein, High Fat diet (Paleo) for past week. The results I have come from 2 weeks being on that diet.

It works for me!

Replies

• kathyowen
    Options
    You've been doing very well. I'm just new yesterday. I did WW before and lost 2 stone. Ive put a stone back on so time to shift it again.
  • thecapaccino
    Options
    I did WW years ago. I can't remember losing weight with it...but I think it was a 30day subscription.

I liked it though...seemed pretty easy.

However, I figured out that my body releases fat when I don't feed it so many carbs. Other diets made me hungry constantly.

This diet is the LESS I have eaten consistently in such a period (all my life) without feeling deprived.

Im shocked about it...but totally happy:-).

I wish I had done this years ago!
  • jackson7725
    Options
    It works for me!
    :smile:
  • loseweight3838
    loseweight3838 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hey there, I've had the same results as you, I started eating Paleo about a month ago and I'm losing 2-3 lb a week of fat (no muscle loss) and my energy levels have stabilized, so Paleo works for me !
  • thecapaccino
    Options
    :-)
  • thecapaccino
    Options
    It works for me!
    :smile:

:wink:
  • thecapaccino
    Options
    hey there, I've had the same results as you, I started eating Paleo about a month ago and I'm losing 2-3 lb a week of fat (no muscle loss) and my energy levels have stabilized, so Paleo works for me !

Its amazing isnt it? I have NEVER lost weight like this before. I did try Atkins before, but I dont think I was in "ketosis" ever hehehe.

I wish I could see what is going on inside me....because my body is working hard! hahaha.

Also, the fact that I am not hungry...and that my energy levels are at the same as normal.

Earlier this year I was diagnosed with anaemia....and I was sooooooo fatigued.
    I dont think I really fully recovered...then I started the Paleo...then boom.....my energy levels are UP without my continuing to take those strong Ferrous Sulfate tablets!

Love it!
  • loseweight3838
    loseweight3838 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It was specifically the crazy energy ups and downs that drove me to look for a fundamentally different way to eat. I had no idea eating Paleo could have such a stabilizing impact on your energy levels. For me that's been a better result than the fat loss !
  • LiliamG
    LiliamG Posts: 34
    Options
    I did the Atkins diet (high in fat and protein) and ended up in hospital seriously ill ... =o(
  • thecapaccino
    Options
    I did the Atkins diet (high in fat and protein) and ended up in hospital seriously ill ... =o(

Well I cant comment on your particular situation....unless I knew what you ate and your activities...

My mother is on dialysis after years of diabetes...and I am not going to let my body constantly keep insulin in it with carb overload.

The average westerner has like 3 times or more MORE carbs than the body needs daily....