Apple shape needs advice to help lose belly

Options
Hi,

I'm looking for a little motivation, through success stories. I've lost over 1 stone. I'm now 9 stone 1 pound and 5 foot 2. I'm happy with my weight loss, as I now have a healthy BMI. Clothes are definitely fitting me better. However, I am apple shaped, and my stomach still looks very big in comparison to the rest of me. I know I have lost weight frommy stomach, but when I look in the mirror, my stomach is so big in compassion the rest of me. Right now, I am sticking with the same diet that I have used to lose a stone (in a period of about 3 months). I have gotten back into running, I run about 3 times a week now, plus I've started pilates once a week.. I'm just wondering how other apple shapes managed to lose their belly. Was it entirely through diet, or a combination of diet and exercise? What exercise works bet? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing as it has worked, but I need to change something up, to work on shrinking my stomach!

Thanks for you help

Replies

• monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound funny but when I eat wheat, my stomach balloons up. I've heard of lots of people who go on a gluten free diet and their stomachs disappear which is how they found they were gluten intolerant. It's also a big factor in weight gain. You could give up wheat for a few weeks and see how your body reacts.

FYI - I'm allergic to wheat and now am on a gluten free diet and it made a huge difference in my stomach. I'm not ballooned now.
  • Riodejaneiro2013
    Options
    I am definitely an apple!! I did go low carbs, and it did work. But it's such a commitment if you are a foodie, as as soon as you eat them again, you lose progress. I prefer to lower my white carbs slightly and work on increasing protein (naturally) and doing the plank, crunches and sit ups daily. The key ingredient is time! Humans have tendency to want immediate results..... :)
  • Sarnir
    Sarnir Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Some days my stomach balloons up a good bit. It ends up wasy bigger at night than it was in the morning! I should start taking note of when this happens, and check what I've eaten that day. I definitely don't want to go on a faddy diet. I know I won't be able to keep that up, and I'll end up putting the weight back on. I've made some small, healthy, non-drastic changes to my diet that are working for me. I'm willing to put the time and effort in! It's good to hear how other people get in shape, with a similar body type. It'll act as good motivation for me!