Lost 30+ with Insanity!

Options
Decided I would try Insanity out. I loved the workout! It was tough at first, but I definitely feel in better shape now. I have a long ways to go to get to my goal weight. This workout gave me the jump start I needed! :)

Replies

• stargreen25
    Options
    You look great WTG!!!!
  • Mahead
    Mahead Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi,

I started doing insanity as well, but I don't know how to log it in the exercise part. Also I usually workout right before I eat, what about you? What do you recommend as a good after workout meal? I tend to get really anxious and want to eat a lot of working you.
  • kidral97
    kidral97 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!
  • akers1017
    akers1017 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you? Was it the 30 day or 60 day?
    Heather
  • beckerkimb
    beckerkimb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity for 60 days.

At first I didn't limit what types of food I ate, just how many calories. I gradually cut out fast food (like mcdonald's or burger king). I could not eat before I worked out because I would feel sick. After workouts, I would try to have a granola bar or fruit or veggies. Now I am very cautious about what I eat. I still go out to eat because that's the easiest way to meet with my friends. I always suggest the restaurant though and research what I will get before I even go. It's helped a lot. I also give myself cheat days :)

As for logging your workout, the best thing to do is get a heart rate monitor. I had one of my friends suggest a cheaper one that would do what I needed. I got this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Polar-RS100-Heart-Monitor-Stopwatch/dp/B000FW3Z6O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1341343529&sr=8-3&keywords=polar+heart+rate+monitor

Good luck with Insanity. This is the first workout that has actually kicked my butt and given me energy. Everyone should try it!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • Meraid
    Meraid Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have Insanity and I was going to start it soon. Wow, 30 pounds in 2 months. You have the same shape as me so I hope I look that good when I'm done with it! (Or when it's done with me :laugh: )
  • newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Great progress! I love Insanity! So what's next?
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm on Week 3 now and would be overjoyed to get those kind of results!!!
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I just started week 4 today. I'm so impressed with your weight loss. Did you follow the calorie guidelines in the Nutrition Guide or stick to a lower amount?
  • beckerkimb
    beckerkimb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did my own thing for nutrition. My doctor also had me on phentermine for these two months... full dose for month one, half dose for month two. That helped a lot! I stuck between 1200 and 1500 every day. I had a few days that went over but not too many. I was very carful about that.

Up next is Brazilian Butt Lift. I'm sure this workout is going to seem SUPER easy compared to Insanity, but my doctor wants me to change things up every couple months. That's another nice thing, I meet with my doctor every few months to discuss my weight loss. She logs it as something else so my insurance covers it. I like having her support as well!
  • shan09
    shan09 Posts: 6
    Options
    wow , thats amazing! i finally got to the recovery week, the first month was actually tough! hopefully ill get similar results lol , good luck for your goals in the future
  • Berger2011
    Options
    Great job, I am on week 4 and hope to get the results like you. I plan to do 2 rounds and then train for a half marathon!!! Keep it up, you look great!!!
  • sreimer07
    sreimer07 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Where di you guys find the best place to get your copy of Insanity?
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Super results!!
  • BradHallFitness
    BradHallFitness Posts: 152 Member
    Options

From a Team Beachbody Coach is the best place.
  • gottolosethisweight
    gottolosethisweight Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. I am doing Insanity right now and I hope that I have the same results as you!! Congrats!!
  • lorithea
    lorithea Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Craigs List! $50, new in package.
  • lorithea
    lorithea Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Craigs List! $50, new in package.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!