Been Here For Awhile But No Friends!

Options
Hello all! I've been using Myfitnesspal off and on for awhile now. Finally, have I been more dedicated to using it and I'd like to add some friends to help me stay motivated during my weight loss journey. I in return will do the same thing. :)

A little bit about myself- My name is Hannah and I'm 20 years old. I'm a part-time college student and work part-time in retail. I've always struggled with my weight since I was a little girl. At age 17 I weighed my heaviest at around 176lbs. I started losing weight at that time and by age 18 I had lowered my weight to 155lbs. Since graduating high school my weight has gone through a roller coaster effect. I ended up gaining a lot of the weight back and at 160lbs I realized it was time for me to start focusing and losing the weight again.

Now, at age 20 I weigh 140. I did weigh 138 but my weight jumped up 2 more lbs within the last couple weeks. Ugh.

I exercise every other day by running in the park and do zumba on occasion.

Replies

• tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. Feel free to add me
  • mesee619
    mesee619 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You can add me
  • marcoscu
    marcoscu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Please do add me as a friend!
  • kriscrat
    kriscrat Posts: 15
    Options
    I like friends.
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    there are so many here on mfp who would love to be your friend and help support your health goals. me included. add if you like.
  • running0girl
    Options
    You can add me as well! I'm in a similar boat, my weight has been on its own personal roller coaster for years. I weighed my heaviest at the start of the year and i've been trying to shed some weight ever since.

Congrats on the weight you've already lost! That's no small feat, especially when you're working and going to school! Great job, keep it up!!

Lisa
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Having friends on MFP has really helped me stay motivated...I would love to cheer you on!

Peace, :flowerforyou:
    Cami
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    fill out your profile, post on the boards, open your diary, and friends will see you out.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Have you asked anyone?? You are welcome to add this ole fart! lol
  • fitsonia24
    fitsonia24 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Hannah,

I just started and I'd love to be your friend so that we may encourage each other. I've been carrying an extra 50 pounds for 6 years now and I am tired of it!! I'ld like to look pretty good by Christmas so let,s encourage each other on this weight loss journey!!
  • emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well if you like. :)
  • sedentarygeek
    sedentarygeek Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support all! :) I'm looking forward to doing this journey with all of you.
  • ancarignan
    Options
    I like friends, and I think they are a bid part to keep us motivated, feel free to add me!
  • KathyChampi
    KathyChampi Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You can add me. It can be hard staying dedicated during the summer. Sometimes I am out all day and forget to log in. But still watching my weight. Come fall it's back to some serious business. LOL
  • cfuller4080
    cfuller4080 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me please!
  • sunrize_sc
    sunrize_sc Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.:smile:
  • chanty1234
    Options
    add me. I too need motivation
  • bhfood
    bhfood Posts: 77
    Options
    hi, I'm Barb. I just started about a week ago and I have 50 lb to lose. I would love to have you as a pal on here. Add me.
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'd like to help you, too. Believe me, the more friends you have, the more support you'll have in your effort. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in January and have lost 37 pounds since that diagnosis (181 on the diagnosis, 144 now). Feel free to add me as a friend, too! ^_^