Polar Womens FT4

Options
ladyark
ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
I have recently lost 30 lbs with at least 30 more to go. Ive been exercising my butt off and at times im sure way more than my body needs to in terms of HR. I want to start keeping a track of that to make sure i am doing things right.

I am getting the Polar womens FT4 ( watch and strap). I have read the reviews online and most people seem very happy with that model. Anyone here have this model and can tell me what they like or dont like about this one?

Replies

• susiebear29
    Options
    LOVE IT!!! not a bad thing I can think of to say, although haven't had it for very long!! well done on your weight loss and good luck with the rest of your journey!! :smile:
  • F1uffy2
    F1uffy2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I bought the FT4 pretty early on in my weight loss journey and it is THE best thing I did. I got so into the calorie burn that I even wore it to bed to find out a full 24hr calorie burn! You will love it.x
  • browshan
    browshan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love mine. I did research as well and found the best reviews for this one. I don't have one bad thing to say about it!! It is also the best way to get an accurate calorie count... i have found that MFP overestimates calories burned compared to what your HRM will give you. I have had mine for about 6 months :happy:
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I love mine. Super easy. Doesn't include a bunch of features that you're not going to use so it's definitely simplified. I haven't had any problems with it that I can think of really. It's definitely a great investment.
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    That's the one I use and I like it. It's very easy to use.
  • chanty1234
    Options
    I have the polar as well, and love itttt.... It helps me know when I reached my max heart rate that is when I know i'm pushing my hardest..you get addicted to it (well at least I do) when I see the calories burned I always say I can do 50 more calories and so on and so on.. love love love
  • KimMesser319
    KimMesser319 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love mine! I was worried that the chest strap would be uncomfortable, but I barely even notice it. The only downside I have found is that you have to keep the watch pretty close to your chest (withing armslength is fine, so you will have no problem if you leave it on your wrist). I do kickboxing in a studio, adn actually wear glves, but I can't over the watch, adn I tried hooking it to my shoes, but it is too far away, so I had to get creating by attaching it to the back of my gloves.

Again, I can't say enough great things about it, definately the best investment I've made!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    It's my understanding that you can't adjust the VO2max on this model. I would not buy a HR monitor that didn't have an adjustable VO2max setting. Just my two cents.
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I love that it's very simple and easy to use. I've never had a single issue with mine.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Love mine!! Not a bad thing to say ab it!
  • C00lCountry
    Options
    The only issue I have ever seen with the women's or men's model is the chest strap gets loser as you lose the weight.

Wife and I both enjoy ours.
  • Tan43
    Tan43 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I love mine as well and have logged up a few miles on it over the last year. Just recently replaced both batteries in strap and watch. Word of advice though: always remember to rinse out the strap and also to throw it in the wash regularly if you use it consistently.

Happy Trails :happy:
  • BucsGirl4Life
    BucsGirl4Life Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love my Ft4! Bought it back in November of last year and haven't had any problems. Love the fact that it's waterproof too!
  • PamL66
    PamL66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to order one on Amazon and having problems with it. I emailed them, and hopefully I'll get a reply soon. :)
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the great reviews. I got mine from ****s Sporting goods and cant wait to try it out tommorow at Zumba. Thanks for all the advice to keep in mind as well.

CoolCountry....my husband had that issue with his being too loose and i had a seamstess sew the strap smaller so that might be an option for you and your wife.

One poster mentioned it not having a VO2Max and im going to have to look that up as i have no idea what the means lol. I am learning something new every day i am on MFP.
  • karagetsfit
    Options
    I LOVE mine! And it does help me to push myself!
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT60. It is worth the investment!