I feel dizzy in the morning ..

Options
Not that I'm doing wrong .. in the morning I feel dizzy .... if anyone can help me with a diet would appreciate it .... =o)

Replies

• kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    If you make your diary public, that would help. What are you eating, and how many calories are you eating? Are you exercising?
  • PrayerofAmity
    PrayerofAmity Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    No one here is a medical professional, so if it is bad enough to concern you I would suggest seeing a doctor. Also, I agree that we can't really make suggestions without seeing your diary.
  • SueKnapp
    Options
    You should touch base with your doctor about this.
  • angelraguel
    angelraguel Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    im on a low carb high protein diet and i find that if i get my carbs to low i end up feeling very dizzy and have ended up bashing into door frames and almost tumbled over. I know mine is diet related cos the minute i eat a carb or increase them about 40 mins later i feel better and the dizzyness goes. this has happened a few times and since i can check my diarys on the days its happened thats what i have noticed! if you cant notice a pattern you rly must see a doctor as you could have low blood pressure etc
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough of the right foods? Are you drinking enough and do you have a regular sleeping routine? A few months ago I went to my doctor because I was sleepy and feeling dizzy most of the day and she ran some tests and it turned out I'm anaemic. It can be controlled by taking in more iron, this was a tough one for me because I was vegetarian and the only foods I ate were fruit and veg because they were my 'safe' foods. If your diet, exercise, sleeping patterns and water intake is good enough then I would definitely go get checked out, it's better to be safe than sorry:) xxx
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    eat a protien before you go to bed. Celery and almond butter or an apple and the same.
  • running0girl
    Options
    Hey, I'm actually a nurse, and I agree you need to check in with your doctor. Also, are you drinking enough fluids? One of the first red flags for dehydration is lightheadedness.

Hope that helps. Feel better!!
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Blood pressure tends o be low in the morning, that could be why. Or perhaps you aren't drinking enough water. Or it could be low blood sugar.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I agree. Dizziness can be caused by many problems. I have suffered from it and can tell you that one time or another, it was caused by low vitamin D, low blood pressure, or ear fluid, but usually one of the first two. If you are losing weight and watching your sodium, and not taking your blood pressure, and taking blood pressure medicine, your blood pressure may be going down, meaning that you will need to reduce your medicine, which should be done in consultation with a doctor.

Or you could be starving yourself and eating a pitiful amount of calories, like many newbie dieters. So opening your diary is important so that can be ruled out.
    If you make your diary public, that would help. What are you eating, and how many calories are you eating? Are you exercising?
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    When I was on the 1200 cal diet I was getting this. When I upped my cals it went away
  • LiliamG
    LiliamG Posts: 34
    Options
    Since I issued my food diary ... I hope you can help me to see I'm doing wrong ... I drink lots of water .. 6 to 8 glasses a day .. thanks for your help! I accept any kind of suggestions ...
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Since I issued my food diary ... I hope you can help me to see I'm doing wrong ... I drink lots of water .. 6 to 8 glasses a day .. thanks for your help! I accept any kind of suggestions ...

Yeah I was dizzy to when I ate that little. Since that's what happened to me that's about the only advice I can think of.
  • mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Have a snack before bed that is high in protein...it will help balance your blood sugar while you sleep and should help with dizziness
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I've looked back through several days & you aren't eating nearly enough food. Eat up to your basic allowance at least. I see it's set at 1200, but you only ate a few hundred calories on the days I looked at. And if you exercise you need to eat more as well. I suggest eating half of your exercise calories on top of the 1200 basic ration. There's no need to starve yourself to lose weight. I'm sure you'll feel a lot better when you've got some decent food inside you - the dizziness is low blood sugar.
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Is your diary accurate? If that's how much you're taking in, that's alarming and definitely the reason for the dizziness! I'm guessing you're eating so little in the hope to lose a little faster? If this is the case then without sounding patronising, I hope you realise even though you may lose weight rapidly, you will most likely gain it all back and then some when you resume to your 'normal eating patterns.' You can lose weight and maintain your goal weight by eating more, check out the group eat more to weigh less. I believe in changing your lifestyle, not going on a diet xxx
  • LiliamG
    LiliamG Posts: 34
    Options
    I'll try to change my diet and eat more ... I have never known the truth eat well ... :cry:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Maybe cos you eat like a chihuahua.
  • angeliaeudy2
    Options
    I was super dizzy for the first two weeks after starting South Beach. Ended up in the ER with a potassium level of TWO. It should be between four and five. I was literally a walking heart attach waiting to happen.
    Potassium is an electolyte that provides electricity to your muscles (heart). After an almost $5000.00 ER visit, I *******added potassium to myfitnesspal diary****** and found that, while following the diet pretty hard core, I was consuming 400-500mg of potassium a day instead of the 4500 one needs. Try it out. AND SEE YOUR DOC. Being skinny won't make you be healthier if it kills you. Just sayin'.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    eat at least 1200 calories every day OR MORE, not less.
  • shannajojo
    shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Your iron levels may be low... you may be anemic... eat more protein, especially red meat, eggs, greek yogurt, fish, peanut buttter, nuts. etc.