How many 40+ peeps are taking creatine.

Options
I haven't taken any creatine in a couple years so I said what the heck. How many plus 40 folks are enjoying their recommended daily allowance of creatine and how/what exactly are you taking? I have taken BSN Cellmass in the past but right now i am taking some basic pure GNC creatine. Thoughts?

Replies

• guapogringo
    Options
    Anyone?
  • jeffg1013
    jeffg1013 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    45yo, 184lbs, 5'10". I just started taking 5g daily (for about 2 weeks) of "micronized German creatine" powder from Allmax Nutrition. Aside from a one-a-day Centrum multivitamin I don't take any kind of diet or muscle building supplements. Only trying the creatine because I heard some good things related to potential increased muscle stamina during workouts. I am by no means a gym-rat and in fact only do mild/mid strength training a few times a week in my basement with a pair of bumbells, a barbell/bench and a handful of weights.

So far (again, only 2 weeks into the creatine) I can say that I -feel- a bit more focused during workouts and seem to be able to push that final 'to failure' rep a little further than before, but that could just be coincidental factors like better sleep, summertime mental outlook, and maybe a placebo-effect of taking the creatine. Either way, if I am doing a bit better with my modest strength training routine than I guess the creatine is doing its job ;-)

Sorry I don't have a more scientific response or more concrete before/after results to report yet.
  • guapogringo
    Options
    Hey Jeff, Thanks for the info. I have been on it for about 2weeks. At the 1 week mark I saw a noticeable improvement in the amount of pump I had in my muscle. I do mostly HIIT stuff right now with low weights. I also found that I am more sore than usual. I am not sure if it a result of working harder or if it is a side effect of the creatine. I am drinking tons of water too. Check in soon and let me know how you are doing.