Weight Loss Progress so far (w/Pics)

I didn't think it could be done, but here I am! Thank you MFP! *YaY*

I started this Journey in March at 195 lbs That's the biggest I ever been in my life! In 2009 I weighed 145 lbs... I don't know what happened really; College life, Married life, regular life lol I guess. But I am glad that I am getting back where I need to be. I am achieving my goal by cutting out stress, fried foods, sodium ( as much as I can), and all flavored beverages. I am out of school for the summer (start back Aug. 27 :-( but my husband and I still stay on campus which is cheap so I don't have to work and have a lot of time to devote to losing weight. I run, weight lift, and play basketball almost everyday, basically staying active. I am so happy I am getting my life back and that I can walk up the stairs with out feeling like I'm gonna pass out!

Progresspicsresized.jpg

the Before pic is at a friend of ours wedding and that was my breaking point I couldn't believe I let myself get that big! I cried for 2 days after seeing that pic I felt hopeless... to God be the Glory!

Replies

• BrandiL83
    BrandiL83 Posts: 100 Member
    change the IMG to img :)

Awesome job. You look amazing!
  • Wow! Amazing job :]
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    I didn't think it could be done, but here I am! Thank you MFP! *YaY*

I started this Journey in March at 195 lbs That's the biggest I ever been in my life! In 2009 I weighed 145 lbs... I don't know what happened really; College life, Married life, regular life lol I guess. But I am glad that I am getting back where I need to be. I am achieving my goal by cutting out stress, fried foods, sodium ( as much as I can), and all flavored beverages. I am out of school for the summer (start back Aug. 27 :-( but my husband and I still stay on campus which is cheap so I don't have to work and have a lot of time to devote to losing weight. I run, weight lift, and play basketball almost everyday, basically staying active. I am so happy I am getting my life back and that I can walk up the stairs with out feeling like I'm gonna pass out!

Progresspicsresized.jpg

the Before pic is at a friend of ours wedding and that was my breaking point I couldn't believe I let myself get that big! I cried for 2 days after seeing that pic I felt hopeless... to God be the Glory!
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    GREAT JOB!!!! Your an inspiration:)
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Nice work! Keep it up!
  • JenG_2011
    JenG_2011 Posts: 79 Member
    You go girl!!!
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    You have such a beautiful figure! Great job and keep up the awesome work! You're an inspiration :-)
  • Nice work- you look great!
  • natural813
    natural813 Posts: 183 Member
    You are looking great. Great job on your weight loss so far :)
  • gracia124
    gracia124 Posts: 41 Member
    Amazing! Way to get started on your goals instead of getting discouraged!
  • ketchup38
    ketchup38 Posts: 112 Member
    Congrats! You are the same height as me and a similar build! Definitely inspired!
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Excellent work!!!!
  • Mac247
    Mac247 Posts: 57
    In addition to the great job you're doing with your weight, those are some serious guns you've got! Nice biceps/triceps!

Congrats to you, you look great!!

Mac
  • You are amazing!
  • ltfitz89
    ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
    Great job! such an inspiration to me! Keep up the good work!
  • GREAT WORK! People just don't realize how much drinking only water rather than flavored drinks can do! You have a cute figure!
  • Aosuag
    Aosuag Posts: 30 Member
    Great Job!!!! You look amazing!
  • empressizm
    empressizm Posts: 11 Member
    Wow Motivation Motivation Motivation!
  • RaynahTh
    RaynahTh Posts: 6 Member
    You look amazing - not just slim but a great shape - lovely curves. Well done!
  • amyloooo
    amyloooo Posts: 28 Member
    You must be so proud. Congrats.

I was struck my your mention of the wedding picture as the tipping point. Mine too, at my son's wedding a little over a year ago. I know two other people IRL for whom that was Decision Time. I wonder how many others have that "special picture" in their weight-loss history.
  • What an inspiration!! you look amazing!! :flowerforyou:
  • SuperMoniMonk
    SuperMoniMonk Posts: 467 Member
    Outstanding results! Congrats!
  • Wow :) You look amazing! So proud, I love seeing success pics. It keeps me motivated!!
  • Great job!!!!!! You should be very proud! You look amazing!!!
  • MrsNina1972
    MrsNina1972 Posts: 105 Member
    YOU GO GIRL!!! I myself weighed 194 in March 2011 and my goal was 145 by Sept. 2011, and I hit it, having a hard time keeping the weight off. What is your secret please share. keep up the good work, I bet your husband is so proud of you, cause mine is
  • Thank you! I
    I hope some of this helps... and Congrats on hitting your goal!!! :happy:

owe my weight loss/maintenance to:

>Small meals/Low sodium

>Keeping active other than going to the gym (Basketball, swimming, walking)

>Snacks under 150 cal. (Grapes, 100 calorie Pop Secret popcorn, Kellogg's - Special K Crackers Multi-Grain Baked Snack, or carrots they are under 150 calories and they do the job! 1 whole bag of popcorn = 100 cal, 24 crackers are a serving of the Special k Crackers. )

>Changing up my workout routine every 6 workouts

>Not being to strict or hard on myself (I give myself treats because when dieting some tend to be to strict on themselves and find themselves cracking or going back to old habits under pressure that is what I did the first 2 months on this journey. But I eat ice cream I just eat the serving now lol which is enough when I measure it out surprisingly. )

>Not change what I eat but the ingredients (I am a vegetarian as well Breakfast for me is usually fruit, cereal, oatmeal, spinach, eggs, grits, sometimes pancake depends (Hungry Jack Wheat blends pancake) and lots of water so I try to eat the same foods that i like, I just use healthier ingredients Ex: No salt Ketchup, cooking with olive oil, bean burgers, instead of reg. bread I eat whole wheat deli thins rolls only 100 calories per sandwich roll vs. 100 per slice with other bread. Homemade fries instead of store bought fries which have tons of sodium and calories. If I don't buy it, I don't try it :-)

>Having a workout buddy (my workout buddy in my hubby but some one who will motivate you and push you to be better. A workout buddy can be a Big help or a big hindrance if they are complaining/whining every 5 mins that can be annoying and distracting lol
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Awesome progress!
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    You look awesome Crystal!
  • starmichaud
    starmichaud Posts: 1 Member
    GREAT JOB!!! You look great!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Oh you look good! Look at that awesome profile! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!