New .. well I was new as of last week!

Options
So I'm doing a restart..yes already, my diet last week lasted all of two days.. before I got distracted by the thought of eating out at the weekend (and very nice it was too...) Ahem.. anyway, I've restarted today.. much more determined and less flaky!

Would be great to chat to like minded people from the UK, well from anywhere really, so are there any dog owning, rock & metal heads on here, with a need to lose a pound or two, who want to chat and motivate?!

Replies

• Its_Nat
    Its_Nat Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    lmao!! Good for you restarting, we're already 'friends', but yes.. I have two dogs. One is an old gent who is a Golden Retriever (14 years) and my cheeky Alaskan Malamute (almost 6) who joins me on the walks to keep us both fit.
  • wilted_daisies
    Options
    haha it was my shortest "diet" ever!

I've just taken my before photo (awful, not to be shared ever.. in fact I may guard iphoto with my life now!)... also done measurements... I'm expecting some miracles from Slim in 6!!! :)
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    haha it was my shortest "diet" ever!

thats the problem with 'diets' - they start and stop
    lifestyle changes last longer, and living life means you can have those meals out, and have better food the rest fo the time
    life means going out with the family and being limited as to whats on the menu
    life also means making a nice low fat meal at home one evening

life is a balance, a diet isnt
  • wilted_daisies
    Options
    thanks... I intend the lifestyle change... but after the diet, I'm a quick fix first kinda girl.... and my current wardrobe choices are a bit dire, so being able to go down a few sizes will be a good thing!

I have my healthy lifestyle plan ready to go though after some pounds come off ;)
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hiya
    Another brit with a good sense of humour, please feel free to add me!
    I do try my best to support my MFP friends!
  • wilted_daisies
    Options
    Added you, finally :blushing: who would have known that there was a nice handy tab entitled "my topics' where all the boards you've typed on are listed in one convenient place so you don't have to scroll.... :blushing:
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    She is super awesome, and well recommended. :smile:
  • CoffeeJunkieMann
    CoffeeJunkieMann Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    life is a balance, a diet isnt

I love this.
  • wilted_daisies
    Options
    She is super awesome, and well recommended. :smile:

aww ta :)
  • wenefryde
    wenefryde Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm having a bit of a restart - a real drive to actually get the diet habit back. I have two dogs. Feel free to add me :smile: