Exercise Help!

Options
I am new to this message board & website..hello all!

Quick bio about me: I am 24, work 2 jobs (one desk, one as a restaurant hostess). I also go to school, as well as trying to plan my wedding. My problem is exercise. I have little to no motivation to do it. When I get the motivation to do it, I get bored with it after the 1st week or so.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could do as far as exercising? I have tried the 30 day shred, but only make it to day 7 or so and quit because I get bored and cannot stand doing it anymore. Are there workout videos that I could do a couple days a week? Maybe go between a couple a week?

I appreciate any help that you can offer me! Good luck to everyone! :happy:

-Katie

Replies

• mrsvezeau
    Options
    Hi, I am also new to this board and have a couple suggestions that have helped me. I have found a great work out partner. I have been through a few friends that stick with it for a little while but it really helps if you have someone that is motivated like you. The best time I found to work out is early in the morning, I know how it is to be super busy so I get my butt up and i find it makes my whole day better. 5:00 am and at the gym by 5:20 done by 6:30.... it was hard at first but gets better.

I don't know of any dvd's that i have used but I have come across oxygen magazine. I has great work out plans that you can do at home and great meal ideas. Hope it helps a little...
  • iamsimplyme2
    Options
    I just put this up for someone else...

Find a friend. Maybe not someone in your current circle. When I began trying to make regular exercise a part of my weekly routine I actually found someone through this site that was in my area and looking for the same. We made a schedule and committed to meeting one another, like making an appointment. We first started with walking back in April, added biking and even ran a 5k together in October. We continue to try many different athletic things (ie recently we bother tried cross country skiing - great workout!) and we often share recipes. We've since become great friends and it's a realtionship that was based on a common interest in healthly living...
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    All the running around you do between going to class, restaurant hosting, and wedding planning counts as exercise. I'm feeling tired & sore just thinking about that much activity! You are certainly ambitious. Welcome to MFP. :)
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    If you have a netflix or blockbuster membership, pop a new exercise DVD into the queue every few days. Or if you have a cable service that offers on demand (Comcast and U-Verse both do), they have a wide variety of fitness shows for free.

I love Jillian Michaels' stuff - she has a ton of videos out there. I also like the old school crew - Tamilee Webb, Denise Austin, etc. Try kickboxing DVDs - even if you can't get through it all in one shot. It's a great stress reliever and a terrific workout.

If you live somewhere with decent weather, you could try running or bike riding (look up how many calories bike riding does per hour!!). Or just dance around the house!

Even the "little" things count: park at the far end of the parking lot at the store, take the stairs, do squats while you brush your teeth, do leg curls while you do the dishes, do situps and pushups during commercials. It all adds up!

You don't have to do the same thing every day, or even every week. The point is just to do *something*.