Starting today - looking for encouragement

Options
Hi guys. I have just downloaded the app and am determined to do this. Just looking for some friends to encourage and do this with. Would be grateful for any responses and tips for succeeding.............

Someone has mentioned that I should say what I want to lose and why.
My goal is to lose 51 pounds. I have recently got engaged and I don't want to set a date until I get myself in shape and can fit into my dream wedding dress.

Replies

• mirandamayhem
    Options
    You're welcome to add me, been here just over a month now. It's a great place!
  • ballousgirl
    ballousgirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've been on for about a month but didn't take the first couple of weeks seriously. Now that I have a friend base and am tracking diligently, I'm seeing results. One of the things that has worked for me is to look at the "success stories" board whenever I feel like I'm slipping.
  • GHUMBEL
    GHUMBEL Posts: 8
    Options
    Feel Free to Add me.. This is a great place to be accountable .. phone app fantastic , has scanner. greg
  • speedisoverrated
    Options
    Most of my success has come without this site, but it would have been easier with it.

As above, check out the success stories and before and after threads - all the inspiration you will ever need.
  • kympow
    kympow Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

Surround yourself by supportive people!

I am down over 40 pounds and have over 100 to go yet.

You can add me if you like (any one else can as well)

You got this :)
  • lwlock
    lwlock Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Log everything in every day! It's the best way to start creating good habits. Best of luck!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I joined yesterday so still trying to learn my way around as well. So far it seems easy enough to track. I'm sure I'll get more comfortable with it as I go along. Good luck and take it one day at a time. I know that' my mantra.
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Welcome to club! I would say let folks know what your goals are. While just about everyone is here for the same reason (to lose weight), how we got here is the real story. Good luck!

http://freew67.blogspot.com/
  • tommiirugby
    tommiirugby Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    feel free add to me :-)
  • kaw1995
    kaw1995 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    welcome....feel free to add me..we're all in this together.. motivating as we go along.