foods that target belly fat?

i know belly fat can be the hardest to get rid of, and with my extremely busy schedule with working full time and going to business school, exercise just doesnt fit it, so im trying to lose around 12 pounds by dieting, and so far ive lost 4 in one week! ive been eating every 2 hours from 8 in the morning to 6 at night, eating one or two servings of fruit, vegetables, or lean meat. i total about 800 calories a day and im never hungry or drowsy. i was just wondering if there were any superfoods i could add in that would target my belly fat the most? i heard watermelon was a good one, so i usually try to include that once a day. any others?

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    There are no foods that are inherently lipolytic.

I.E. You dawg, ain't fenna happen.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    ^ What he said.

Plus have fun regaining those 12 pounds when you go off this 800 calorie a day crash diet..
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,238 Member

swoon...fancy word...be back in 3 minutes.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member

I.E. You dawg, ain't fenna happen.

*kitten* worthy answer
  • Hope this helps: I found it to be a very comprehensive article about the different forms of fat and how best to encourage the fat around my belly to fall off. : )

http://www.peertrainer.com/health/how-to-get-rid-of-belly-fat.aspx

Cheers
  • channyne
    channyne Posts: 13 Member
    how about a workout...

This helped me a lot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RITOjDCcB0U
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    i know belly fat can be the hardest to get rid of, and with my extremely busy schedule with working full time and going to business school, exercise just doesnt fit it, so im trying to lose around 12 pounds by dieting, and so far ive lost 4 in one week! ive been eating every 2 hours from 8 in the morning to 6 at night, eating one or two servings of fruit, vegetables, or lean meat. i total about 800 calories a day and im never hungry or drowsy. i was just wondering if there were any superfoods i could add in that would target my belly fat the most? i heard watermelon was a good one, so i usually try to include that once a day. any others?

Normally i'd say just eat less, but you're only eating 800 cals. Why eat every 2 hrs and only eat 800 cals? If I was going to do a VLCD/LCD I sure wouldn't eat a bunch of 100 cal meals, I'd prob just eat once per day
  • ^ What he said.

Plus have fun regaining those 12 pounds when you go off this 800 calorie a day crash diet..

its a kickstart, its actually based off the michael thermon 6 week makeover, which led to my mom losing over 30 pounds and keeping it off for 2 years. in about 3 weeks ill add a little excersise (like walking to a nearby store instead of driving) and increasing my calories to about 1000, 3 weeks after that, doing the same thing and increasing to 1500, then finally a comfortable 2000. its basically resetting my metabolism.

• Normally i'd say just eat less, but you're only eating 800 cals. Why eat every 2 hrs and only eat 800 cals? If I was going to do a VLCD/LCD I sure wouldn't eat a bunch of 100 cal meals, I'd prob just eat once per day

its based off the michael thermon 6 week makeover. it resets your metabolism so you can naturally burn more calories by doing normal day to day things. and with the things im eating, it feels like alot more than just a couple hundred calories, but its all super healthy. eating that many small meals a day will increase your metabolism naturally. look it up ;) it also keeps my body from going into starvation mode and initially destroying my metabolism. which is what a one meal a day plan would do.
  • Acg67

Normally i'd say just eat less, but you're only eating 800 cals. Why eat every 2 hrs and only eat 800 cals? If I was going to do a VLCD/LCD I sure wouldn't eat a bunch of 100 cal meals, I'd prob just eat once per day

its based off the michael thermon 6 week makeover. it resets your metabolism so you can naturally burn more calories by doing normal day to day things. and with the things im eating, it feels like alot more than just a couple hundred calories, but its all super healthy. eating that many small meals a day will increase your metabolism naturally. look it up ;) it also keeps my body from going into starvation mode and initially destroying my metabolism. which is what a one meal a day plan would do.

I suggest you do some more research because that was a bunch of nonsense
  • how about a workout...

This helped me a lot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RITOjDCcB0U

please tell me where i could fit a workout into my busy schedule? i barely have enough time to sleep as it is. i dont even go out with friends im soo busy with working and school! the only thing i do have control over, is my eating. and thanks for the link, i did a quick scan already, but will read more in depth when i have the time.

• Normally i'd say just eat less, but you're only eating 800 cals. Why eat every 2 hrs and only eat 800 cals? If I was going to do a VLCD/LCD I sure wouldn't eat a bunch of 100 cal meals, I'd prob just eat once per day

here ya go: http://ekle.us/index.php/2005/05/losing_fat_part_4_eat_six_small_meals_a
  • Acg67

here ya go: http://ekle.us/index.php/2005/05/losing_fat_part_4_eat_six_small_meals_a

Who is Rick? Try eliminating confirmation bias
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary? Fascinating!

I got to the third paragraph of that link and closed it out. It mentions that it takes 3 hours to digest food. It is actually well-documented that it can take 24-48 hours or more to digest a meal. There is no need to eat 6 meals a day. Or 3. Or any set number. You can eat once a day or 24 times a day, it doesn't matter.
  • ProjFit
    ProjFit Posts: 143
    As a lot of other people said, there isn't a food specifically for targeting belly fat. However, I recommend upping your calorie intake, eating protein and doing ab exercises (crunches, etc).. running is also great for targeting fat all over.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    As Sidesteal already stated, there are no foods that are going to "attack" fat. Your body decides where it's going to take it energy stores from, just as it decides where to put them in the first place. There are a lot of hoaxes and myths out there about weight loss, but the brunt of it is this: burn more than you intake.

It doesn't matter when you eat, so if you are hungry, eat, if you are not, then don't worry about it. Eating after 8pm isn't going to change the way your body utilizes energy whether it is using stored energy (fat) or ingested energy (food.) I like to snack a lot, too, so I usually have something small on hand, but I don't make myself eat at any particular time.

Also, you are not eating enough. PLEASE eat more! Think about this as a lifestyle change and not a "diet." 800 calories is NOT sustainable and your body is going to start rebelling against you for not feeding it.

HelloItsDan gave me this when I first started and it REALLY helped me understand what was going on. http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/

Use the Military Body Fat Tool first then the BMR tool to find out how much you should eat for your specific body.

Please don't starve yourself and don't delude yourself that you are okay eating 800 calories a day. Remember that humans are large organisms (compare yourself to, say, a paramecium or even a cat.) It takes a lot of energy to keep a body functioning. You want to be healthy, not dead.

Best of luck on your journey!
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Hi horselover, if there was a way of finding foods to target bellyfat then I would be first in line! But, unfortunately it isn`t so.

Eating 800 cals a day will not feed all your organs properly, your brain/skin/kidneys/hair etc. etc all need energy to function their best abilities. So whilst you have lost 4lbs, I would not see it as a good result as something will have to give eventually.

Why not try to do things in a good way? since you are here on MFP and you can check out the success stories from people that have?

There are no quick fixes.

If you prefer to eat smaller meals and short intervals, then go for it, but my advice (and you have posted a question) is to increase your calories to your BMR this is why it states basic metabolic rate, because you need to fund your basic metabolic rate in order to function in a healthy weight.

But good luck on whatever you decide :-) It`s your body, your life, and you only get one!!!
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    You can't find 20 minutes in a day to work out? Jillian Micheals has several workouts you can do in 20-30 minutes a day, like 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,162 Member
    everytime someone eats under 1200 calories , somewhere a kitten gets it
    catshoot.jpg
  • epmck11
    epmck11 Posts: 159 Member

Are you just basing your diet on some random blog post? Was that the extent of the research you've done?