Walt Disney World Rides for Big People???

Options
I'm not sure that this is even the right place to post this but figured why not? My boyfriend and I are going to Walt Disney World and/or Epcot in Orlando, FL in October. Now, I'm about a size 26-28 and I'm worried about fitting on the rides at these places. Has anyone else had a problem with this? We are trying to decide which park to go to of the 2 and if the rides are suitable for bigger people we'll do WDW, otherwise Epcot here we come. :)

Replies

• Ashleys0981
    Ashleys0981 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I am going there in September and I googled the same topic last week! Last time I went I was a size 20 and I fit on the rides except one ride had a weight restriction, I think in Epcot center. It had something to do with space. (not space mountain) the ride doesn't say what exact weight it restricts but the words alone scared me to go on. Anyway, in conclusion on the sites I read the majority of people say its a place meant for "bigger people" so don't worry about it and have fun!
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Have you ever visited the DIS-boards?! There is a plethora of information that can help you. Do a quick Google search for DIS boards =)

I am on there too: Altoqueenkelly
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    2 years ago there was a ride I wouldn't fit into at WDW (I don't remember which one, sorry). It was the embarrassing as hell "sorry, ma'am, you need to get out, you're too big" scene. First time that ever happened to me and will also be the last. At the time I was a size 22, 5'6" tall and about 265. I do remember I was about "at limit" for a lot of other rides there as well.
  • Ericaaa89
    Ericaaa89 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    the only ride I can think of that has an actual weight restriction is Sum of All Thrills in Epcot. Its the one where you design your own rollarcoaster and ride it in a simulator.

Go to http://allears.net/tp/ridsiz.htm

Great reference, has pictures of ride vehicles and also experience reports from people. Mostly from what I've read is disney isn't a problem, its Universal that people have trouble fitting.
  • rockermom5
    Options
    My husband used to be about 320 lbs and never had a problem on the rides at all. Now, Universal is not as forgiving. The only one I would think MIGHT be an issue is the astro orbiter and it's more because of the awkward load/unload and possibly space mountain (You step down into the cars, it can be hard to get in there just right). Go and have fun!
  • leos_1913
    Options
    I would recommend looking at this website.
    allears.net
    NO www. in front. just allears.net

This website has a walt disney world at large section where plus size people talk about how they fit on all the rides. :)

There are some rides that you can ride in every park.

At Walt Disney World, most rides have a "test vehicle" outside of the ride and you can see if you fit before you stand in a long line to ride it. Hope this helps.

Good luck and have fun! :)

Leah*
  • Uxorial
    Uxorial Posts: 38
    Options
    I don't think you'll have much problem.

I also thought that I would let you know that if you can't get in the ride, you'll most probably easily go into the exiting people line, you don't have to walk back past all the people that are waiting to get in the line, so it isn't embarrassing.

Also, you'll see people of all shapes and sizes at Disney, so try not to worry about it. The staff are all really professional.

Actually, there is also a "chat" option on the Disney site where you can talk with a rep, that might be another good source of info.