Workout Suggestions

Lauren3535
Lauren3535 Posts: 9
edited September 18 in Fitness and Exercise
I am trying to think of some new workouts to do with my group. I was wondering if anyone new of any good websites that had sample workouts (aerobics, Aerobic Dance Routines, fat burning routines) that I can look at.

Thanks for the help!!!! I love this site!!!!!!!

Replies

• Lauren3535
    I am trying to think of some new workouts to do with my group. I was wondering if anyone new of any good websites that had sample workouts (aerobics, Aerobic Dance Routines, fat burning routines) that I can look at.

Thanks for the help!!!! I love this site!!!!!!!
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    i teach a bootcamp, and i like to switch it up with some kick boxing moves, having my campers hold 3-8 lb weights, doing punch, kick, shuffle, etc...combos! its fun for them, and a change of pace for me!
  • hi, im new

um i like the website : http://www.workoutz.com
    because they have videos that show you exactly what to do, they are completley free t watch and dont take to long to load.
    there are laods of different exercises and they all say the difficulty level

good luck!:smile:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    I really love www.fitnessmagazine.com - they have a great website with workouts and all kinds of other things geared towards fitness. I actually also love their magazine! haha! Good luck! :bigsmile:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Zumba is fun! Do a google, it is a latin dance based arobics with cool music and a variety of moves for all skill levels!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Bellydance is great fun too!

Inexpensive DVDs...all kinds of dance fitness: www.worlddancenewyork.com
  • Before you do the following, make sure your body is warmed up, you will need to get blood moving through the veins and arteries in your body. To warm up you can jog on the spot, do steps ups with one step, or skip on the spot. Each should be done for about 2-3 minutes, then you could stretch or just start into the activities.

The following is done in 4 - 3 part sections. You can get a drink after each part. The program is balanced and will give you a great quick workout. If you want more a longer workout, simply repeat on of the sections.

Here is your workout, put some music on loud and enjoy:

Section 1:

A) 10-12 push ups ( 15 second break) then 8-10 tricep push ups
    B) 12-15 slow squats (15 sec break) then 12 low half squats
    C) 12 slow crunches (15 sec break) then 12 slow crunches

Section 2:

A) 12-14 dips (15 sec break) then 12 more dips
    B) 15 left leg lunges (15 sec break) 15 right leg lunges
    C) 16 Alt crunches (15 sec break) 14 alt crunches

Section 3:

A) 18-20 Shoulder press (Light weight) (15 sec break) 15 shoulder press
    B) 25-30 step ups left leg (15 sec break) 25-30 step ups right leg
    C) 15 Crunch and reach (for the ceiling) (15 sec break) 15 crunch and reach

Section 4:

A) Push ups position static hold 20 sec (break for 15) then repeat
    B) 15 -18 V-Squats (feet out) (15 sec break) 15-18 V-squats
    C) 14-16 knee up crunches (15 sec break) 14- 16 knee up crunches

this is a lil something I do at home!!

You could make a circuit out of it....
  • Lauren3535
    THANKS for all the help!!!!!!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    now is this a group of friends? there is something here where I am from where you and a group or alone for that matter can take a pole dancing/cardio strip class. I am gonna sign up for it cause its normal women who wanna dance and it supposedly helps boost your confidence...
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Bellydance is great fun too!

Inexpensive DVDs...all kinds of dance fitness: www.worlddancenewyork.com

second!

also check out BellyQueen's Bellydance Jam. A short dvd, but they have their own bellydance version of the electric slide. its a ton of fun!
This discussion has been closed.