how often do u exercise?

Options

Replies

• Wolfy999
    Wolfy999 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I used to do a minimum of 30 minutes 5x a week (per doctors instructions)...but lately have been going to the gym daily. I seem to have more energy that way. I end up with one day a week that "life happens" and can't make it, but I feel deprived when I miss now. I beleive it's whatever works for you, since all of us are different and have different lifestyles.
  • 2LoveEnnisMccall6
    Options
    4-5 times a week each time an hour
    either doing a zumba class, kettlercise class, zumba wii, circuit training, sit ups and exercise bike :)
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I work out everyday except Fridays and Sundays. But if I feel up to it and free time I still my workout on those days but not as hard. I just got started so we will see how this works out.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I've been working out 6 days a week (today's my rest day, and I may go for a walk after dinner when it cools off outside).
  • jzsor12
    jzsor12 Posts: 69
    Options
    Right now everyday because of a workout dvd
    but usually 5-6 days :)
  • Debby0904
    Debby0904 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    7 days a week for the past 11 months. Been also doing doubles and triples in a day. BUT if you just worked 24 hours you NEED to rest your body. Working out will do it more harm then good.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I do SOMETHING 6 days a week. Cardio 3, weight training 3, plus 6-8 hours of dance practice. Each time it varies though. For cardio I'll either do an insanity video (high intensity intervals) or do a 30-40 minute treadmill session doing intervals or hills and one day I'll do a long slow run. For weights I'm doing the New Rules of Lifting for Women workout which alternates weight training workouts. Basically I like variety lol.
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Boy do I feel lazy. I exercise (try to) every other day because my joints won't let me do any more than this. Treadmill at the gym every other day, and if I can, ride my stationery bicycle in between visits. I'm 70 years old and I think this is enough for my aging body.:laugh:
  • fairc3jam
    fairc3jam Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I an just wondering how many days a week ppl work out?I try and something everyday,but feel i am wearing out as i just got home from 24hrs at work and doing my usual jillian michaels dvd is not appealing to me..so was thinking wud it hurt to have a rest day?!

Nope. Just don't rest too mnsy days in a row.
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I try to do something every day. Sunday is my rest day, but we usually end up going hiking! It all depends on what works for you. I do it because i like the way I feel every day, and my body physically hurts when i don't exercise!
  • hiitrocks
    hiitrocks Posts: 100
    Options
    5 days a week usually. Have done 6 before but cut back as I am at goal weight and started getting tired. I probably am not eating enough
  • LadonnaFunk
    LadonnaFunk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Usually 5 days a week. I do a circuit training DVD which is about 30 minutes long, then add on another 15 minutes of cardio. I will often add some more ab stuff or lift some light weights while I'm watching TV in the evenings on top of that.

From the responses you can see that there is a huge variation in how much people work out. Just do what you have the time and energy and willingness to do. Whatever fits into your life. Don't feel bad if you don't have the energy to do it after a 24 hour shift.
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I do 5 days a week. Two of those days I do a "killer mode" work out where I try to get up to 2000 calories burned.
    The other three days I burn 1500 per work out. I am also a runner and would consider that my usual work out.
    I add biking on atleast three days.
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Boy do I feel lazy. I exercise (try to) every other day because my joints won't let me do any more than this. Treadmill at the gym every other day, and if I can, ride my stationery bicycle in between visits. I'm 70 years old and I think this is enough for my aging body.:laugh:

Your are awesome ! Keep on keeping on !
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    6 Days a week. 3 days 25 minutes weights, 20 min treadmill, 20 min stationary bike, 20 min treadmill the other 3 days I do everything but weights.
    Sat. morning we go shopping and then I get the rest of the day off.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Every day!
  • Almiten
    Almiten Posts: 14
    Options
    Right now I'm working out 2x a day 7 days a week. It's not for everyone but right now this is what I need to do
  • lehmann75
    Options
    I'm doing Couch to 5k for cardio and just added Bar Method to my schedule for some strength training. So my typical week looks like this:

Sat - C25K day
    Sun - Bar Method
    Mon - C25K day
    Tue - walk to my knitting group, 1.5 miles round trip
    Thu - Bar Method
    Fri - Bar Method or walk outside 30-60 minutes, depending on weather and/or how I feel

Basically, I try to get something in every day, even if it's just walking down to the beach and wading around in the lake for a little bit, and I figure that walking to my knitting group on Tuesdays counts, too. Oh, and if I want a cookie from Dinkel's, then I've got to walk the 3 miles to the bakery to get it. ;-)
  • Inspired2run
    Inspired2run Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    5 days/week cardio since April. Added strength training last week which I do immediately after.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    About 5 times a week. Three of those are for when i go to Tae Kwon Do class.