I have learned the secret to overcome this. Respect myself..

lavendalilly
lavendalilly Posts: 3
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I grew up as this tiny, scrawny little girl with skinny legs and big feet! I also sported quite the pot belly! My mother used to call me "Little Ethiopian".

I remember being teased in school for being so tiny, and I didn't fit in because I didn't have boobs! My mother would tell me "This is Mother Nature's way of protecting you".

Grade 11 came and I finally got my first period!

After college, I got married and had two boys. Five years after that, I became a single mom.

Somewhere over the past 10 years, I lost myself. Gradually the weight came. I didn't think anything of it. I just kept on going the way I was going.

Pictures from birthday parties and Christmas revealed that I was a lot bigger than I thought.

Sometime after my divorce to present, I have put on over 8 dress sizes.
Who does that without even noticing? Or better yet not care!

I have neglected myself for years. It is time I get back on track.

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    gooooood luck to you ... you can do it girl ..... 1 day at a time ... baby steps and mini goals YOU WILL SUCEED ...again good luck
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Lots of people put on weight and don't realize it...if they did they wouldn't put it on. Don't beat yourself up. You are here, it's a brand new year, and you can do it!!!!!!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    You have come to the right place! I love it here! Welcome and Good Luck to you!
  • Wow, thanks guys! I just entered that a few moments ago!! What awsome inspiration!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member

Sometime after my divorce to present, I have put on over 8 dress sizes.
    Who does that without even noticing? Or better yet not care!

I have neglected myself for years. It is time I get back on track.

Who does that??? Mom's.. Mom's who are paying more attention to everyone else than themselves. It's still hard for me to find a balance but I'm doing it and you can too!!!!!
    Best of Luck
This discussion has been closed.