Body Wraps... has anyone had one ?

Options
I've been thinking of getting a body wrap. Not as a quick fix, but more like a kick in the tush for weightloss.

Replies

• kallisto208
    Options
    I did this once when I had to make tape once for the military when I was right on the edge of a PT failure. All it did was pull water weight out, dehydrate me, put a huge dent in my wallet and the results were anything by temporary because I didn't change anything else about my habits. It wasn't worth it for me and I've found much better results with clean eating, working out and drinking plenty of water, basically everything normally to do to lose weight.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    As a moisturizing relaxing spa treatment, yes. For weight loss, absolutely not.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    is this the wrap with the clay stuff?

you can buy the clay on amazon. not saying it works, but i don't want you to waste your money. the clay is cheap tho. maybe 8 or 10 bucks.
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I know people who do them for like events, but it comes back days later.
  • caraiselite
    Options
    apparently. if you put this clay and apple cider vinegar on your body
    http://www.amazon.com/Aztec-Secret-Indian-Healing-Clay/dp/B0014P8L9W
    then wrap it with plastic wrap it helps with the compression.
  • caraiselite
    Options
    I know people who do them for like events, but it comes back days later.

yea they are just compression wraps.
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I had a friend that sold them. Of course she used them on herself too and it seemed like they worked but I don't think it's permanent. More of a water weight thing.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    mmmmm. Doesn't it all come back after a few glasses of water?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    They are good for weight loss. All those dollars out of your wallet has to have a weight, right?

Anyone who thinks they do anything permanently useful is a sucker, period.
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    No, you pretty much posted the sales brochure on it.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of getting a body wrap. Not as a quick fix, but more like a kick in the tush for weightloss.

If you want to give yourself a treat have your nails done, or get a new hairstyle. Something you wrap yourself in cannot possibly help you lose weight. Ignore the BS, he's selling stuff. You may or may not need a kick in the tush, but save your money - don't go for this. The old "diet & exercise" is the only way of losing weight. Sorry there's no quick fix.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money. You could lose water weight inches by wrapping yourself in Saran Wrap for about 1/100th of the price. Not that I recommend doing that either.
  • desilu69
    desilu69 Posts: 79
    Options

If you want to give yourself a treat have your nails done, or get a new hairstyle. Something you wrap yourself in cannot possibly help you lose weight. Ignore the BS, he's selling stuff. You may or may not need a kick in the tush, but save your money - don't go for this. The old "diet & exercise" is the only way of losing weight. Sorry there's no quick fix.
    This^^^ the only true effective way to lose weight is diet and exercise. That is the only way it will come off to stay off. It is called a lifestyle change. Good luck to you OP in whatever path you choose
  • smaschin
    smaschin Posts: 91
    Options
    complete crap.

Your bodies metabolism burns fat, no wrap crap is gonna do it.

complete TOSH
  • AVanCuren09
    AVanCuren09 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have used the IT Works body wraps, and they helped me a lot. Faded my stretch marks, and tightened up my skin. It was a nice confidence boost after having a baby. I say, if you want to use them, go for it!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I tried the one that the girl advertising (which is against forum rules) sells. A friend knows I'm into fitness and swore it worked, so to prove it she gave me one for free. It did nothing. No inches lost, no weight lost, no fat lost. Period. Consider using the money to invest in a personal trainer to get you on the right track because the wraps are garbage.
  • sasssurf
    sasssurf Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Amazing reading. My wee two cents/sense. And that is it really. In my humble opinion treat yourself to a spa day. Or anything else that ignites to push you to do more excercise. I like working out in the pool. Lovely to feel fresh. Namaste.
  • lornaheron
    Options
    Iv'e done home made wraps, with warm olive oil and coffee grains. It's supposed to be more for cellulite though, rub it in and wrap cling film around. I don't think you lose weight, it's more water loss. When i was younger, i used to wrap cling film around my middle, to get a flat stomach for a night out . Hahah, the things we do for vanity. :)

21790325.png
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I did it years ago when a dress did not fit. Inches came off, the dress fit great and then it came back. Good if you want to feel great in an outfit for a night or maybe even two, but that's about it. My skin did feel amazing afterward!
  • pippinboy9
    pippinboy9 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I too tried the "It Works" wraps.........all they do is cost you money. Did absolutely nothing for me but "force" me to drink WAY too much water!!!!!! Complete rip off. It was my own fault though for looking for a "quick fix". I had a get together to go to, and I was hoping to slim down my inches quickly. I know better than to fall for a gimmick, but sadly, I gave into the hype. You'd be better off eating clean, and exercising. If you really want to take off an inch or two quickly to feel better in that little black dress, try one of the body form suits (kind of like a girdle, but more comfortable) I wouldn't waste your time and money on the wraps. IMO