I know I have a weakness....

Options
Today has been an all out, gang busters crap eating.. it is super muggy today (of course) but with the amount of calories I've had today (and it is not even 5pm) I am going to have to get out and kick some butt this evening.. uugh,

Yes, I was driving and had to go into a gas station and with my usual MO, grabbed a Mt. Dew and a candy bar....

I swear, that is my weakness in this world (long day of driving, unexpected, otherwise I could have planned) Any suggestions on how I can avoid this known trap?

When I know a few hours in advance, I can plan.. but this?? anyone?

Replies

• SueMizZou
    SueMizZou Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I always leave home with a bottle of water and I carry a Fiber One 90 calorie bar wherever I go. Might work for you too
  • Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I keep a bag of unsalted Almonds in my car & purse.You can also buy those 100 calorie snacks and keep in the car:)maybe if you know you have a healthy snack you'll choose H20 instead of Mt. Dew:flowerforyou:
  • kmaris1122
    Options
    Believe me I know how hard it is to not give in to the cravings, especially when you are on the road. Next time, though, why don't you try to grab a bottled water instead of the soda and that way the candy bar won't seem as bad. You will have cut your calories in half, or more depending on the size of the drink, and your stomach will still feel full. :smile:
  • bongbunny
    bongbunny Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I keep a few small snacks in my purse at ALL times to avoid eating things I'll regret later - a single serving packet of almond butter (Justin's, eaten plain or with an apple or banana - both usually available at the convenience store), as well as a snack ziplock of homemade trail mix, and another of dark chocolate covered espresso beans (I cover my basis of sweet or salty snacks). For drinks, I have a sugar-free ice tea/lemonade packet that I can toss into a bottle of water. By keeping them in my purse at all times, I can avoid grabbing crap on the go.
  • MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    All GREAT suggestions! Yes, I will start keeping a few crystal light packets in my purse and some cheese crackers or other. With the heat here, I will have to find something more durable to keep in the car, so I will keep my eyes open. But I think I will try a bit of all your suggestions! Thank you...

and, for the record, as my own punishment (aka reward?) I got out and ran 7 miles tonight. It did cool off considerably so it wasn't awful but honestly, I haven't run (and I am not supposed to run like that right now) that far in quite some time. NOW.... maybe the memory of how HARD that run was to get thru might help me to remember that if I play, I am gonna have to pay... and maybe in a not so great way!