Regular Daily Activity -- Do I Add?

Options
In terms of adding exercises to my diary, I need some advice. Should I add the standard activities that I do EVERY single day? For example, I have a 30 minute round-trip walk to and from my train station to my work building every day. Should I include this in my diary as exercise, or should I ONLY include the exercise I do that goes above and beyond my standard daily activity?

I am tempted to add the walking to and from work, but don't want to if it's somehow "cheating" and allowing me to eat more calories than I should...

Replies

• Nessc
    Nessc Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You're walking aren't you? That's physical activity. Is it a fast pace or are you "taking a stroll"? I say add it as exercise because, after all, it's better than riding a car for 30 minutes and jumping out and walking into a building.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You can add it if you have your activity level set to Sedentary, or you change your activity level for maintenace calorie calculation to the next level up knowing you do this everyday. Change from Sedentary to light activity in your profile will give you extra calroies per day without having to enter this walk in everyday but will account for it.
  • LeaMc83
    Options
    It's definitely a brisk pace, as I'm either rushing to get to work on time, or rushing to make the train on time. And with the freezing cold temperatures, I'm moving even faster to get indoors! Thanks for the input, it's good to have outside opinions.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    You can add it if you have your activity level set to Sedentary, or you change your activity level for maintenace calorie calculation to the next level up knowing you do this everyday.

Ditto.