Love P90X...what next?

Options
Ok so I'm on the final week of P90X. I've lost almost 35 pounds. I'm stoked! I'm not convinced though that I want to do P90X Classic again. I want to do more running and so I'm thinking of doing a hybrid version of P90X but not the Lean version. Any suggestions on what has worked for you all? I love the weights and I love KenpoX. I ran an 8k in spring and am doing another in fall. I have visions of doing a half marathon next year. I want a good mix of running and P90X and just seeing what you would also suggest.

I'm 215 now (down from 270 at my highest) and I want to get down to 180. I will be posting before/after shots after this final Recovery week.

Replies

• jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I was doing some research for what to do next too, Insanity Asylum looks like a good one to do after p90x, but it looks like there is more cardio in it, so I'm not sure!!! Congrats on your results and best of luck!!
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    There's a P90X / Insanity hybrid calendar out there. Maybe it will have enough variety in it for you.
  • sfgonzales
    sfgonzales Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Love Insanity!
  • lambch0ps
    lambch0ps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just finished p90x last week and am also trying to decide what to do next - right now I'm just doing the strength training routines along with running/rowing/swimming. I have lower back issues so I was steering clear from the p90x/insanity hybrid because I have heard that Insanity is like plyo everyday - although that seems like a good way to burn a lot of fat. I think I'm leaning towards p90x2 or Chalean Extreme. I do want to do p90x again but variety would be nice! I'm interesting in hearing what others think!
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Just off the top I would suggest maybe sticking to the strength training parts of P90X a few times a week and interspersing cardio in between. Go for runs/jogs if you want to get ready for a distance race. Definitely can't hurt!

A P90X/Insanity hybrid would probably work well too, it's not exactly running but Insanity has barrels full of cardio.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Find a crossfit group
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity after P90X and while I loved it, I missed the weight workouts from P90X during those weeks. So I ended up making a hybrid and love it!
  • rvagnoni
    rvagnoni Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I agree....P90X/Insanity Hybrid.
  • nashvillern
    nashvillern Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I"m not at that level yet, but my more fit friends love Insanity. Also, we've had great success with a local Bootcamp program. Similar exercise program to Insanity and the instructors are willing to give personalized recommendations for the non-bootcamp days depending on what your goals are. Crossfit if you like it can also be great. The crossfit gyms here allow you to try 2 classes for free to see if you like it.
  • jmoralesx5
    jmoralesx5 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input I do appreciate it. I have done some sessions of Insanity Asylum. That crap is tough and think it is because it is plyometrics to the extreme. I'm sure I'll end up doing some sort of hybrid. I do love the strength training and abs workout so I'm sure I will definitely stick with that at a minimum. I just know that if I stop now and just do some non-structured plan I will go back to where I was at before and I love the results and want to see more of it!