Replies

• beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I'm pleased to see the ads all gone :smile:
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of getting a body wrap. Not as a quick fix, but more like a kick in the tush for weightloss.

Think common sense has prevailed on the other posts. I've both studied biology at university and been a beauty editor on a daily newspaper and can promise you that body wraps just cause water loss. You will feel good for 24 hours then annoyed when the inches, quite naturally, come back and you are $40 worse off.

But doing something to give yourself a kick/treat is not a bad idea! Use the money from the wrap and buy a nice bodyscrub and body oil instead. Giving yourself a pamper is definitely deserved when you are trying to lose weight.

I'd opt for an oil/salt scrub and a body oil such as Bodyshop Coconut or Neutrogena Body Oil. And if you're on budget mix up some plain old table salt with some baby oil, gently scrub all over with it (avoiding face and neck as they are a bit more fragile). Then shower off or have a lovely bath. Soft, moisturised skin and it costs barely nothing!
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I did a seaweed wrap once but only for a relaxing treatment at the spa. I was painted with a dark green seaweed mash then put in a steam tent. I love sitting in steam, it was very relaxing and it made me sweat a lot. I would do it again for a nice spa treatment but not to lose weight. Why not save it for once you reach a mini goal to treat yourself instead of using it as a kick. You will lose weight but only water weight and you'll gain that back as soon as you rehydrate.
  • Woodmangler
    Woodmangler Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I was with this girl in Vegas once that may have technically qualified as a "full body wrap" :bigsmile:
  • pippinboy9
    pippinboy9 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas ;)
  • CorinnaNicole
    Options
    I have tried It Works Ultimate Body Applicators and it worked for me! Just take a look at my profile pic. :) I used 4 applicators and used their defining gel in between wraps and got amazing results! Took me 13 days to get these results! These products are AWESOME and ALL NATURAL :)