Cake Batter Protein Shake

Options
faithchange
faithchange Posts: 311 Member
I'm not sure if this is on here. I just wanted to share it, because it's super yummy and great in nutrition. I found it originally on pinterest.

1-2 scoops of favorite vanilla protein powder ( I use Whey and Soy Kroger brand)
1 TBS Jello sugar free vanilla pudding mix
1/2 cup either low fat or fat free cottage cheese (for creaminess). You cannot taste this in the shake.
1/2 cup of water
ice for consistency and coldness
1-3 drops of almond extract or butter extract
3-5 stevia or truvia sweetener
blend it all

my version has 187 calories, 1 gram of fat, 8 carb and 24 protein.

Replies

• faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    actually 144 calories and 28 protein. 575 sodium is the worst of it all. It is a GREAT treat though!!! :)

This version is with the fat free cottage cheese and one scoop of protein powder
  • seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    This sounds super easy and yummy:) I may have to try it if I decide to buy protein shake powder. Thanks for the recipe!
  • lamos1
    lamos1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I will be going to the grocery store in a few, so I'm going to pick up some of the ingrediants.
  • HungerGame82
    HungerGame82 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    You had me at cake batter.... Yum! I'll give it a try
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    yummmm I will have to try that! I love cake batter flavored ice cream, frozen yogurt, etc.
  • desilu69
    desilu69 Posts: 79
    Options
    Sounds yummy.. I wonder if you could replace the cottage cheese with unflavored yogurt and if that would help with the sodium level but keep the creaminess. I am assuming that is where most of the sodium is coming from by looking at ingredients. Not sure how much sodium is in cottage cheese because I dont like cottage cheese so have never paid attention. :smile:
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Yum! I use the low fat cottage cheese in all my shakes!
  • bshidler
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! :smile:
  • kristinee1
    Options
    bump
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    you can sub the cottage cheese for 1 cup of greek yogurt , this shake is so good!
  • yecatsml
    yecatsml Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    This looks great! I have to get some butter extract - I think that would really make it cake batter tasting!
  • drzawada
    drzawada Posts: 16
    Options
    BUMP
  • skinnyitaliannn
    Options
    thanks!
  • Tigiface
    Tigiface Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome- thanks!!! :happy: