Best bread

Options
2»

Replies

• bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I use the Sarah Lee Delicious one, it's 45 cals/slice.

This is what I use as well. I usually get the multi-grain, but sometimes get the whole wheat to change it up.
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Just something to put chicken breasts, left over talapia, some turkey etc. on.... and something besides mayo?

I guess "best" means the healthiest, lowest calorie, best-bang-for-your-buck ....

Nimble hovis. Its low calories but for obvious reasons (its thin as *kitten*).
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Todays Temptations low carb bread. You get a huge slice for low cals and it tastes pretty good. (I found it at Jewel/Albertsons).

instead of mayo I use hummus sometimes or lite miracle whip. And I've read that some people use laughing cow instead of mayo.
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Arnold's brand-- Healthfull Bread. I like the 100% whole wheat.

Only 45 cal per slice.
  • feathertouch
    feathertouch Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    100 multi grain bread or I buy nimble bread. As for spread it sounds disgusting to most people but it cut half an apple and mush it up in a blender ad use that instead....or 0.25 of a cup of peas blended up.....its sweet and tasty and almost certain they would both go with chicken for you're sandwiches but I'm not too sure because I'm a veggie :) Best of luck :)
  • smsgreaves
    smsgreaves Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Are any of the posters here in Australia? None of these breads sound familiar and I am really not ready to give up bread full stop, but cripes it adds a lot of calories to what would otherwise have been a fairly healthy meal!
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I love the kind that you will find in my diary this morning. It's only 50 calories a slice and it's whole grain, which is what you want to look for. Men can eat two slices 100 calories a slice bread and still lose weight though.

Huh?:indifferent: Why can't women eat 2 slices???
  • PrettyGirlPayton
    PrettyGirlPayton Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    agreed! :)
  • jpohoney
    jpohoney Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I find breads with sprouted whole grains or 100% whole wheat. ezekiel break is good! I also will us lettuce as a wrap or as my bun for my burger. yummy and crunchy! great for things like tacos! ice burg lettuce stays together nicely.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    What a fail of a thread, no mention of freshly baked sourdough, brioche, baguettes or Italian bread?
  • Woodmangler
    Woodmangler Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Just something to put chicken breasts, left over talapia, some turkey etc. on.... and something besides mayo?

I guess "best" means the healthiest, lowest calorie, best-bang-for-your-buck ....

Nimble hovis. Its low calories but for obvious reasons (its thin as *kitten*).

ROFL!! :laugh:
  • Woodmangler
    Woodmangler Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    What a fail of a thread, no mention of freshly baked sourdough, brioche, baguettes or Italian bread?

It's your job to mention these.. didn't you read the schedule? :bigsmile:
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    I find breads with sprouted whole grains or 100% whole wheat. ezekiel break is good! I also will us lettuce as a wrap or as my bun for my burger. yummy and crunchy! great for things like tacos! ice burg lettuce stays together nicely.
    Lettuce wraps are great! I love using Romaine...it's already a little "cup" :)
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options

I agree that these are also yummy and a good choice as I also eat them, especially sourdough, but the one I suggested (the one he got) is my best choice for low cal and carbs.
  • Sahara0815
    Options
    I adore Pepperidge Farms Light Style Oatmeal bread. It's 45 calories/slice, and tastes great. It makes the best toast ever! I love to make sandwiches on it toasted. I've found that using a wedge of Laughing Cow light on it instead of mayo or mustard or something is really good. Try chipotle with chicken, yum!