Not really new, but finally brave enough to say hi...

Options
So, I have been using this site for a year or so now. Primarily, I have used it just to become concious of what I am stuffing in my mouth all day - no particular goals in mind. I have finally realized that I can become very "lazy" when I have no accountability to anyone, so I figured what better time than now to finally introduce myself.

My name is Niki. I am 26yr old, married, and my husband and I are both active duty military. I am really looking to build some kind of support and inspirational base on here.

Plans for the near furutre? I love to run and I will be starting back on Insanity again here within the week. Made it to Week 3 last time when I experienced a knee sprain from running. Now that I am fully recovered, I really would love to get back into it.

So, yeah :) Hi.

Replies

• SouthernCountryGirl
    SouthernCountryGirl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi! Bravery is a good strength to have in your line of work lol. I just wanted to say HI in return and thank you and your husband for your service. My son is a Sgt. in the Army so I understand your commitment to fitness. MFP is an excellent tool. I wish you success in your running and Insanity! I do a lot of walking myself (until I lose some more weight) then I'm on to the C25K. My friends on here are my backbone :) Feel free to add me if you want.
  • julparada
    julparada Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi!! First of all, thanks for what you and your husband do for us! :flowerforyou: Second, I'm also 26 and married. Been on here for about a month and looking to lose about 60 more lbs. I want to be a healthy weight before I even attempt having children and we've decided to try for kids next year whether I'm ready or not so I'm definately motivated. LOL. I'll be on Week 6 Day 1 tomorrow and I :heart: Insanity.... It's so hard but it's nice to see how your body starts toning up throughout the weeks. :happy: