My new love!

Options
As a self-proclaimed peanut butter junkie, MFP has brought me and my new love together....PB2! I never knew of its existence before reading the message boards on MFP and I am thrilled that we have finally met. I find myself completely cutting certain foods out of my diet, since they tend to be triggers to pretty significant binges. PB2 allows me to eat something that I truly love and not go off on a crazy night (or three) of binging. Very good stuff! :smile:

Replies

• melygavino
    Options
    What exactly is it? And is there a big difference in calories, how about the taste?
  • Elisastoll
    Elisastoll Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The peanuts are roasted and pressed until the majority of the oil is taken out and turned into a powder. You can add the powder to smoothies, bake with it or just add water to it and it becomes peanut butter. It smells amazing and tastes GREAT and you can add some unsweetened cocoa to it and it becomes Reeses-like.

I made a smoothie with unsweetened almond milk, PB2, Splenda and 1/2 banana. It was delicious! I highly recommend trying the product.
  • Elisastoll
    Options
    As I was so excited about talking about the taste of PB2, I forgot to tell about the nutritional benefits.

Regular peanut butter has 190 calories and 16 grams of fat for 2 tablespoons...PB2 has 45 calories and 1.5 grams of fat for 2 tablespoons.

It is really a great healthy alternative for the peanut butter lover who is concerned about calories and fat.
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I've heard about it but I've never tried it. How's the cost?
  • pfwright1
    Options
    Where can you buy it?
  • jacknbox
    jacknbox Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Elisastoll
    Options
    I bought it on-line from Bell Pantation for $7.99. I believe you can buy a generic version for less.
  • spoonful
    spoonful Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    What exactly is it? And is there a big difference in calories, how about the taste?

You don't want to know...... *blech*
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    PB2 is AWESOME!!! I use it in my protein smoothies all the time! I bought mine from Amazon. Buy enough and you can get free super saver shipping!! I got the bags. So awesome. I seriously love the stuff!!
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    does it have the same amount of protein?
  • stevesavage09
    stevesavage09 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    just checked it out at vitacost.com im guna order some today!!!! 5.31 a jar