Newbie here.

Options
Hello everyone. I'm new the site. My goal is to lose about 15-20 lbs.

A few years ago I was around 215. I got down to about 187, but have plateaued since then. I am now at 193. I bicycle quite a bit (50-75 miles a week), but on Wednesday of this week I will begin the P90x workout plan. I am hoping the "muscle confusion" that Tony Horton talks about will be the thing that gets me down to between 175-180.

I look forward to hearing advice from you all and getting good nutritional ideas. Best of luck to all.

Replies

• dbg1
    dbg1 Posts: 208
    Options
    Congrats on joining!:drinker:

There are always people here to support you, answer questions, motivate you.:smile:

Good luck on meeting your goal!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • ajg925
    ajg925 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I am a newbie as well, just joined today. A friend pointed me in this direction, she has had great success and wanted to know how she did it!
    I do much better when I can track what I am doing/eating, and I can see it all right in front of me.
    I have no problem exercising, but I can't seem to stop myself from eating what I shouldn't eat!

Good luck to you and hopefully you will make some friends here that will keep you motivated!
    :happy:
  • GlamNGlitter
    Options
    welcome!! :flowerforyou:
  • bikker59
    bikker59 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am a newbie too, and my issue is not exercising...it is chocolate and sweets. For me, having to account for what I eat hopefully, will be the kick in the butt I need...and diverisifying my workouts.. to lose the 13-15 pounds I want to...

Yesterday, we went to Rio Grand, I had one swirl frozen margarita, some chips/salsa and guacamole (small amount) ..after writing that in, I did a 45 minute Jillian Micheals trouble spot workout, and had grilled chicken and salad for dinner...

It is helping for me to be held accountable...
    Good Luck on your weight loss journey....
  • LolaBee09
    Options
    Today is the start of my week 2 on the P90x program so get ready to bring it!
  • ramahl
    ramahl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Glad to see another P90xer

I'm going to do it in the morning...any suggestions on what/if I should eat in the morning?
  • LolaBee09
    Options
    I did the plyometrics, shoulder and arms and yoga x mornings of last week and I had either a banana with almond butter, apple with almond butter or yogurt. Don't eat anything heavy before because you don't want to bend to do an exercise and you're regurgitating what you ate prior to working out all over your floor or mat. Something light with protein and complex carbs is ideal before you start.

And if you're going eat a heavy breakfast, make sure you take in a substantial amount of calories and then work out two hours later. (I had to learn this from a friend of mine who's a trainer.)

I had slice of toast and boiled egg whites on Saturday morning before my kenpo x and my blood sugar dropped and I was unable to complete the workout. I had to stop and then started all over again in the evening and I was fine.

I hope this helps and feel free to ask any questions and I will be happy to answer them.
  • LolaBee09
    Options
    How's your P90X schedule so far?
  • ramahl
    ramahl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It went well...I finished all 90 days on 12/2. I saw some great results!