Lost 2.9kg last week and only 0.4kg this week...

What did I do?!

Well it's all in the title, really. I may have been eating a little more while we have guests over but I've still be burning off just as many calories, on some days more.

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    It will vary from week to week. It depends on water retention/hormones/food/exercise...lots of variables. I heard it should average out to about 2 lb loss a week
  • It will vary from week to week. It depends on water retention/hormones/food/exercise...lots of variables. I heard it should average out to about 2 lb loss a week

So... it does average out to about 3lbs a week (just checked the conversion) so does that mean I'm panicking for no reason, then?
  • About 2 lbs a week is normal. Some weeks less some weeks more. You need to also consider whether you did not loose as much this week due to a possible increase in muscle mass which is a good thing. Just keep up the good work and you will be fine!!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    You are complaining that you lost 7 pounds in two weeks?
  • You are complaining that you lost 7 pounds in two weeks?

Not complaining, worrying. This diet's stressing me up to high heavens....
  • About 2 lbs a week is normal. Some weeks less some weeks more. You need to also consider whether you did not loose as much this week due to a possible increase in muscle mass which is a good thing. Just keep up the good work and you will be fine!!

That's... actually possible. I pulled a lot of my leg muscles yesterday, would that maybe add to it too?
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Not complaining, worrying. This diet's stressing me up to high heavens....

Stress releases the hormone cortisol which makes it harder to lose the belly weight. Plus this needs to be a lifestyle change, not a race. I mean that in the best way possible. Enjoy the journey, go slow, or else the risk is that you will stress out and put all the weight back again.