Need opinions on this clock...

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
Long story short, my girlfriend is having a baby - unknown sex. The first pic is her nursery walls, the second is a clock I'm making for in the nursery. The colors are the same you just can't tell in these pics. Keep in mind the clock isn't done, motor isn't installed, and it's laying on my bed :)

Questions:
1. Should I narrow the Y-shape yellow part and expand the purple?
2. Should I go with wavy hands (there would be three, not just the second hand in the pic) or straight? Or maybe just a wavy second hand and straight hour/minute?

Suggestions? Frankly this is the first clock I've made that I DON'T like. Normally they're more themed, like little baseballs & bats or ladybugs, butterflies... you get the point. But this mom is an Interior Designer and into very simple clean stuff, so I don't want to go against her passions either. I just find it... boring.

rasasnursery.jpg

rasasclock.jpg
(sorry, can't seem to rotate this pic the right way!)

Replies

• Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of expanding the purple, or even making the whole center purple and the hands yellow so they stand out (unless they already a color)

i will ponder more.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    That is a really odd design for a nursery. I might do something like that in a dining room. It's almost post-modern gothic. The clock looks great. I like all the hands being wavy. As for the Y-shape, I think the base should be a touch narrower. The lines on that pattern vary in width from the top to the bottom. I hope she is at least giving this kid a 'Y' name.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    ok, that's awesome.

i, personally, don't like wavy hands. and i think that these kind of get lost on the clock. for a clock this bold, i would go for a bolder hand so that you can really see it. but i really like the paint job.
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I think you should narrow the yellow. I like the wavy lines.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    OK, I'll definitely narrow that all up... I do have very chunky fat little hands that could look cute, so I'll look at that.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    OK, I'll definitely narrow that all up... I do have very chunky fat little hands that could look cute, so I'll look at that.

keep us posted!