Personal Trainer in an APP!! (POCKET TRAINER)

Options
I have always wanted a personal trainer, and have occasionally worked with one- but I cannot justify the funds to do it consistently and I haven't gotten enough out of the trainers I have worked with.

So I go elsewhere- classes at the gym are great, but you have to show up when they have class (I may be more of a free spirit, or just unwilling to get up at 5am consistently).

I have seen "personal trainer" apps out there that have lists of exercises you can choose from... eh I'm not knowledgeable enough to come up with something consistent...

POCKET TRAINER takes your age, weight, and level (I'm a beginner), then sets up a work out for you. It tells you how to do the workout, you can choose to see a video, and get trouble-shooting info if you're having trouble. You can choose 20, 40, or 60 minutes. The next work out is designed based on the reps you accomplished in the first work out.

Just had to share-

Replies

• lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Does it tell you how many calories you burn? How much is it? Apple or Android?
  • LifestyleChange33
    LifestyleChange33 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It is FREE!! That's the best part ;)

No it does not count calories- I post the workouts here under "circuit training."

I have Android, but I expect it would be on both- look for a red pocket icon with a little guy inside, lol.
  • JessicaG229
    JessicaG229 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • kelly1142
    kelly1142 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just got this on my iPhone and iPad and love it! Love that you can put in the equipment you have and that it tells you exactly how many reps of each to do. Awesome!
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    FYI, for the Iphone, 7 days free and then you have to purchase for $12.99
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    FYI, for the Iphone, 7 days free and then you have to purchase for $12.99

crud, it sounded great
  • jennifox63
    jennifox63 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this!
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Downloading now! I'll try it for the 7 days and then if it's decent, 13 bucks is a worthwhile investment for my health :) PTs at my gym cost 60 bucks a session!
  • flukes9
    flukes9 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've been using the daily workout apps that are FREE.....I especially like the butt one and cardio one....I also like that I can pick 5 minutes as the lowest, since I use it to supplement my other workouts. It shows you a video of how to do the move and each exercise only lasts for 30 seconds. In the app store, just search for "daily workout free" and you'll see them all....it's a stick figure on a bright solid color background.
  • NancyMarie13
    NancyMarie13 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Also be sure to download (on Android):

Daily Arm Workout
    Daily Butt Workout
    Daily Leg Workout
    RunDouble (couch to 5k app)
    Workout Trainer

They are all free and super awesome apps!

~ Nancy
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Downloading now! I'll try it for the 7 days and then if it's decent, 13 bucks is a worthwhile investment for my health :) PTs at my gym cost 60 bucks a session!

Holy crap! Mine only charges $10 a session.
  • ramgi
    ramgi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    That sounds so cool! Thank you!
  • sensualmess
    sensualmess Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing :) need to download this :)
  • wcjcjplourde
    wcjcjplourde Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just downloaded it, for free, on my Android. Thanky ou.
  • wood2415
    wood2415 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Nike Training Club is free with no additional charges. You get detailed instructions and audio support. You also get step-by-step instructions and video demonstrations for every drill.
  • Lazygal53
    Lazygal53 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Just downloaded it, for free, on my Android. Thanky ou.

This^ Thanks so much for sharing!
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Got IT!!! Free on Android!!! :happy:
  • kpace3
    kpace3 Posts: 8
    Options
    I have an iPad and iPhone and the app I have is Workout Trainer -Skimble. You can install the program for free and choose to upgrade or not. Many different workouts with videos, pictures, audio guidance... Coached by expert personal trainers... Anyway I've found this app to have valuable resources and it's free! Check it out, I hope you find it helpful!