Newbie!! SE Minnesota

Options
Am new to this as of yesterday. My doctor actually suggested this site as another website was not giving me effective results. Hope to loose 45 pounds.

Replies

• KravMark
    KravMark Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hey Welcome to MFP !!! Im pretty new here but here are some reccomendations for success

1. Get some support friends.. Good idea to even ask for friends in a post which will get you a bunch
    2. Put a pic up of yourself or several and start filling out your goals. The more specific they are the better
    3. Log in everyday and start tracking everything you eat. You can make your diary open in your settings which will help you stay on your program
    4. Most importantly have fun, this is going to be the best journey you ever took creating the new you!

Mark
  • Keyblr
    Keyblr Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My friend recommend this site to me about 7 weeks ago. I find the ease of tracking my calorie intake wonderful. I primarily use the app (on my iphone) to track food consumption and exercise. I also track my weight loss. I want to lose 25 pounds and have lose 8 so far.

I occasionally go to the message boards for questions on exercise and meal options.

I'm not following a specific diet (wieght watchers, Jenny Craig, etc..) I'm just making better choices with my food options and I do treat myself occasionally. II'm excersing now. Doing the Couch to 5K program. ts a lifestyle change not a diet!

Feel free to friend me if you would like. Positive reinforcement is always great. Good Luck!