30 Day Shred Before and After pictures and results!

Options

Replies

• msprouse8
    msprouse8 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I finished Day 4 level 1 last night. I am doing that, as well as some light running/walking. I haven't changed my calorie intake. I have gained 2 lbs. Surely this couldn't be muscle gain already??? Anyone got any ideas/suggestions? I'm still eating around 1200 calories a day and eating a few of my exercise calories back but not all of them.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    the befores and afters of the shred usually aren't that dramatic. depending on your weight it burns 150-250 calories, which is around 2lbs lost in 30 days. it also is mostly cardio so there will not be noticeable muscle gains. big differences will be mostly due to the diet of the model!

it's a fun way to increase your fitness from ground level and get your heart active for 20 minutes a day, but it's not going to sculpt your body unless you diet strictly and do supplemental strength training.
    Tried it yourself have you?

I assure you this program works and it will sculpt your body....I did not do any additional strength training and completed the program in about 40 days....eat clean and give it your all and you'll see great results!

Guys can do it, too :)

30-day-shred-results-03.jpg
  • ladyshellbelle
    ladyshellbelle Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    what is this 30 day diet??? :)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    It's an exercise program. Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD.
  • ckay220
    ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    what is this 30 day diet??? :)
    No, 30 day shred DVD by Jillian Michaels. You can look at and try it on youtube! Three different levels, ten days each.
  • natpalit
    natpalit Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I finished Day 4 level 1 last night. I am doing that, as well as some light running/walking. I haven't changed my calorie intake. I have gained 2 lbs. Surely this couldn't be muscle gain already??? Anyone got any ideas/suggestions? I'm still eating around 1200 calories a day and eating a few of my exercise calories back but not all of them.

It is possible that if you are working really hard then the excess weight is as a result of the muscles retaining water. When you perform strenuous exercises that your body is not accustomed to it will create what are known as "micro tears;" the body then works to repair these tears, and in the process you will get stronger, and your muscles will grow. This process is known as hypertrophy. If you have just started, I would suggest the extra weight is probably due to this.

Try measuring yourself just once a week. If you take a rest day, you could weigh yourself the morning after, before you have eaten or exercised.

Also, I know you're trying to lose weight, but you seem average height, so I would suggest that 1200 cals/day as well as exercise really isn't enough for you. I would try increasing your calories. You could use this formula, http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/ or one of many others to get a more accurate idea of what you should be eating. I would also suggest you really ought to eat back all your exercise calories, as too low a calorie intake can prohibit muscle growth.

I also noticed that your sodium levels are pretty high, which causes excess water retention. You could reduce this by cutting back on the processed food.

Hope this helps.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    the befores and afters of the shred usually aren't that dramatic. depending on your weight it burns 150-250 calories, which is around 2lbs lost in 30 days. it also is mostly cardio so there will not be noticeable muscle gains. big differences will be mostly due to the diet of the model!

it's a fun way to increase your fitness from ground level and get your heart active for 20 minutes a day, but it's not going to sculpt your body unless you diet strictly and do supplemental strength training.
    and way to suck the motivation out of someone who started the program a few days ago...thanks. btw, i think you are wrong. i have seen too many before and after pics that say otherwise.

Just an FYI, the chick slamming 30 DS it's apparently recovering from an ED, and based on the majority of her posts that I've seen, she still has one. Not tryin to be nasty to her, but I've seen her post some rather unhealthy/drastic advice.

But anywho, I started 30DS today after see all of the incredible results that people have posted from just doing the program one full time. The results of people who have done it multiple times all the way through are even more amazing. It definately works.

It does only burn about 250 calories, but I've noticed I'm not near as ravenous as I am after doing an hour of Zumba. Most people I've encountered that only do 30DS, without supplementing with anything else, normally don't feel the urge to eat back their exercise calories. So 250 calories burned is better than 500 calories burned when you end up eating 400 of them back.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/685397-progress-pics-8-wks-13lbs?hl=8+wks+13lbs#posts-10016139

I didn't do it every day - took about 7 weeks, but I still felt good about the results. I finished this past Friday.

I actually re-started Level 1 tonight, with heavier hand weights.

I never took measurements - dumb.

Please excuse my dirty, dirty bathroom mirror.

WOW! Great job! I am now around the same weight you were on Day 1. I am on Day 4 now
  • Neecy_Pooh
    Neecy_Pooh Posts: 122
    Options
    Good morning.
    Measurements...weighed in at 171.4 this morning and took 5 key measurements for an inches total of 155.25. Here's to lower numbers by Sept 1st! Looking forward to dusting off the Jillian DVD later today. :)

I'm sorry, but that must be a typo. There is no way someone is going to lose 155 inches in less than 2 months. (not even if one is extremely obese)
  • Neecy_Pooh
    Neecy_Pooh Posts: 122
    Options

and way to suck the motivation out of someone who started the program a few days ago...thanks. btw, i think you are wrong. i have seen too many before and after pics that say otherwise.

Just an FYI, the chick slamming 30 DS it's apparently recovering from an ED, and based on the majority of her posts that I've seen, she still has one. Not tryin to be nasty to her, but I've seen her post some rather unhealthy/drastic advice.

But anywho, I started 30DS today after see all of the incredible results that people have posted from just doing the program one full time. The results of people who have done it multiple times all the way through are even more amazing. It definately works.

It does only burn about 250 calories, but I've noticed I'm not near as ravenous as I am after doing an hour of Zumba. Most people I've encountered that only do 30DS, without supplementing with anything else, normally don't feel the urge to eat back their exercise calories. So 250 calories burned is better than 500 calories burned when you end up eating 400 of them back.

Not slam YOU but you really shouldn't be assuming someone has an ED. You don't know her. As far as you saying you burn that many cals during JM's workouts. It's BS unless you are like 300 lbs. Only extremely overweight burn that many cals with such little intensity. Yes, I said, "little" intensity. I have all of her workouts and the most I burn is less than 200 with her measly 30 minute workouts. They are not very intense and there is too much time in between each exercise. I have done Insanity as well as other workouts and the only workout that has you burn that many cals during the workout is either Chalene or Insanity. BTW, I finished Insanity and got my tee. In case you were going to retort. Anyway, my point being, JM is not that intense and you do NOT burn that many cals unless you have several lbs to lose.
  • jonesnt
    jonesnt Posts: 1
    Options
    What is the 30 day jill m shred?
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options

Not slam YOU but you really shouldn't be assuming someone has an ED. You don't know her. As far as you saying you burn that many cals during JM's workouts. It's BS unless you are like 300 lbs. Only extremely overweight burn that many cals with such little intensity. Yes, I said, "little" intensity. I have all of her workouts and the most I burn is less than 200 with her measly 30 minute workouts. They are not very intense and there is too much time in between each exercise. I have done Insanity as well as other workouts and the only workout that has you burn that many cals during the workout is either Chalene or Insanity. BTW, I finished Insanity and got my tee. In case you were going to retort. Anyway, my point being, JM is not that intense and you do NOT burn that many cals unless you have several lbs to lose.

Who cares about pounds lost when you lose INCHES? I did 30 day shred last year and I really wish I had taken progress pictures so I could make people like you shut your mouth. I only lost 5 pounds BUT I lost inches and went down a pants size. I think that is a considerable accomplishment for only working out 20 minutes a day for a month. I've moved on to more challenging things NOW but not everyone has those type of goals. Get off your high horse. Just because it's easy for you, doesn't mean its easy for everyone else. Get out of here with that crap.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    I don't know why people have to be so rude because they did really well at one program and prefer that program over anything else. Different strokes for different folks.. y'all need to relax.

I think the whole focus of 30 Day Shred is to decrease your body fat, not lose xx amt of lbs. Time and time again, people always value lbs over body fat.. everyone is different. I know my body is very muscular so I weigh more than most women. :)

I'm on Day 3 and I can already see my stomach getting a bit flatter and some definition going on.. I only care about changing my body fat % but thats just me :)
  • icesk8ermom
    icesk8ermom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    When I first started I used high impact aerobics to calculate my calorie burned which based on my info was 174 calories. Then I saw others were using circuit training so I changed....that was 198 calories burned for me. Fast forward a few days later when I decided to get an HRM, I got a polar with a strap so it was pretty accurate.....level one I burned 172 calories; therefore, I would say high impact aerobics would probably get you a more accurate calculation of calories burned.

~good luck
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Started today cant wait to see results. :D
  • sunnyxsideup
    sunnyxsideup Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 1 of Level 3 and I had to make up for a day from Level 2 so I did that after I finished. Although my body is killing me, I feel great! This has been a great journey and I've done this program almost every night before I go to sleep. ( I still need to make up 2 days from Level 2) The only advice I can give to you is never quit. Even if you're body is aching and you want to stop, don't quit.

Here are my results!
    Day 1;Level 1 ( July 16th) : 308xmph.jpg
    Day 10;Level 1/Start of Day 1;Level 2(July 26) : 2nqxfnq.jpg
    Day 7;Level 2/Start of Day 1;Level 3(August 6) : chs2b.jpg

Have fun and good luck! :smile:

p.s. Sorry i didnt realize that this was posted in 2011! :laugh:
  • rnarvaez06
    Options
    Amen!!...i don't give two damns what the scales throws at me i am more concerned about the inches i am loosing and the changes mybody is making....i don't know why ppl have to be so rude and nasty! ok so it wasn't a big challenge for you, ok cool good for you but this thread is 30day shred results not ur negative input....anywho i am soo excited to finish JM 30day shred i am on day 2 of level 2 and i can already see a differnce in my indurance and that is AMAZING!
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    I am on D4 L1.. its working great for me. Starting weight was 187lbs.. I am currently 182 lbs.

Photo on L is D1, Photo on R is D3:
    3531a1g.jpg
  • Caligirlk22
    Caligirlk22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone with the POSITIVE responses....it really is motivating! I will post my before and after pictures when I finish the 30 days :)

Also, every picture that anyone Ive seen post looks absolutely amazing...you really do see great results from this video!
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options

Tried it yourself have you?
    It is an anarobic exercise. Not cardio. You are supossed to add walking or cardio to the workout according to jm on her website. The other workout like ripped in 30 and extreme shed and shred are 45 minutes and longer because you cover both cardio and stregth.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!