weekends

Options
anyone else having problems on the weekends trying to keep on the diet? it is hard for me not to want to snack on my off days. the only way i can is to stay away from home most of the days

Replies

• GregPapas
    Options
  • Tanya5791
    Options
    I agree drinking water does help, but I feel the pain when trying to stay away on the weekends to avoid temptation. Usually when I feel this the most I have finally disciplined myself to fresh fruit or veggies to reduce the damage.
  • Nik0417
    Nik0417 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    i always have the most trouble on the weekends as well! i'm always at the races so the temptation to have some of that yummy junk food always gets to me! i'm always telling myself don't do it, don't do it you'll know how much you'll regret it later! i'm working very hard on controlling my diet on the weekends, good luck to you all!
  • MrDangerSass
    Options
    I struggle with this too. Kettle Style Salt & Vinegar chips are my downfall...which must be followed immediately by something sweet.

Good recommendations about drinking water and spread it throughout the day...it's good for you and will keep that full feeling.

Ultimately you need to think about how/when/and maybe why you are snacking. If you find it's when you are idle...consider taking a walk..you could even partake in the snack if you're still feeling it after the walk. Calories in/calories out. If stressed...or letting down from a crazy week, meditate or look for other channels for stress relief.

"Dieting" is tough but hopefully you're making it about balanced, good eating habits (which can include snacks). I've knocked about 30lbs off and i enjoy cooking, drinking and... Snacking (in moderation). Also, you know you're going to crave something so plan ahead and discover if a better alternative is available. .i don't mean trying to switch cheese doodles for broccoli which is pretty unrealistic and tends to lead overuse of Ranch Dressing. :0) .

Lastly, and I do find this most helpful, is the MFP diary...I haven't been religious about it (though i probably should be) but when I find myself slipping...I chart daily for a week or two...seeing what I'm eating compared to what I'm burning tends to bring home the importance of either adjusting my eating or finding ways of burning the calories.

Good luck...if you want to add another friend for support, count me in.