Progress Report (picture included)- Still need motivation

Happy Sunday everybody!
So since I've began my weight loss journey back in late 2010, I've lost almost 90 pounds. I started out at 250 and I currently fluctuate between 160-165, so that's why I say almost.
I don't know if this before/after is going to turn out too great, but I'll give it a shot:
qziqnt.png

I went from a size 22 to a size 12, and I fit in 11's and am starting to fit in 10s. Sadly, some 10s I cannot really fit into at all, and some fit me just fine. It's a frustrating thing for me, buying clothes....
Anyway, I am starting to lose hope again. I am almost done with Insanity, yet though I feel stronger and healthier, I don't look much different. My belly and my back are still so big...I'm apple shaped, so I think my legs look fine, but my upper half is what's a bummer.
I guess I was thinking that after Insanity, I would be close to my goal size, and not have to worry about exercising constantly anymore. I don't think I'll go back to my unhealthy overeating I did growing up, but I would like to have time to not focus on body image, and having to buy new clothes because my old ones are too loose. My goal size in an 8, but I feel like I'm never going to reach it.
I'm planning on doing 30 day shred after insanity (I also have been doing zumba), so maybe that will help out, too.

Support buddies are much appreciated! :)

Replies

• macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Look at you!!! What amazing progress!
  • TayPat24
    TayPat24 Posts: 131
    you look amazing, great job!
  • Don't be so discouraged, you look beautiful and will reach your goal! It can be disappointing after doing such a vigorous workout, but don't stop there.
  • I think you've done an amazing thing! Yes, it's taken you a year of hard work and having body image in the front of your mind is not easy to live with. But you've come this far and it's already been a year, what's a little more time? You have literally worked your *kitten* off, and it might be disheartening to realize that it's going to be a little bit longer, but that time is going to pass whether you're still working towards your goal or not. You've worked too hard for too long to not keep going and get the result you want out of it. You're almost there! Keep going!

And, for the record, I think you're amazing for sticking to it for so long. The proof is in the pudding. =)
  • You look so amazing!!!!! So proud of you! Don't get discouraged, you can do this!
  • ZebraBri
    ZebraBri Posts: 60
    Thank you everyone :) And you all are right, I shouldn't give up. Sometimes I wonder if all the really tough work is going to pay off.
  • Wow!!! You are an inspiration to me!!! :smile: Just keep doing what you are doing, you will break thru this plateau, not only can you do this, you ARE doing this!!!
  • ZebraBri
    Thank you :smooched:
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    They say the last 5, 10, 15lbs are the hardest to lose. Well they are not joking. It has taken me forever it feels like to truly drop the weight. However for me it was a matter of reviewing my diet and really looking at what I'm eating and changing up my workouts. :) You have done great so far, don't give up now!
  • mmachick2011
    mmachick2011 Posts: 55 Member
    Thank you everyone :) And you all are right, I shouldn't give up. Sometimes I wonder if all the really tough work is going to pay off.

Take a look at those pics as if they were of your best friend... not yourself. Think the work paid off for her? HELLLLLLLL YES!!!

Congratulations on all you have achieved. You are in the home stretch! xo
  • marias2gaa
    marias2gaa Posts: 118 Member
    You look great!
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    90#??? I'm jealous! You look fabulous! Keep up the good work. The closer you get to goal, the harder it can be. You'll get it! :)
  • ZebraBri
    Thank you all so much! Does anyone here have any advice when you become discouraged when shopping? 10's (even some 9's) fit me perfectly below the waist, then my stomach ruins it all.So when I buy a bigger pair of pants, it fits around my waist (or really on my belly button, which is how I usually where my pants) but the legs are so baggy. I feel like that's gonna be how it is forever! Haha