any positive ppl looking for another "friend"?

Options
13»

Replies

• mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! I've been tinkering with MFP for over a year (okay, most of that time was just receiving the, "Did you fall off the face of the planet because you haven't logged in for five months" type of messages. After most iterations of "trying to get healthy", I've realized the fact that most successful people have already realized. This is not a diet. This is not a fad. This is not until I can fit into that dress, swim suit, smaller size. THIS IS FOR MY HEALTH AND FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!

Wow, that's a big realization. The rest of my life? Yep, that's the case, so I better get in gear. I'm realizing that I have a LOT of negative people in my life. Boo on them! Hey we all have bad/rough days, but we shake it off and move on to the next one, right? I'm tired of nay sayers.

If you agree or in a similar spot in your life then please add me as a friend!

Oh, wait, please add me as long as you aren't going to to try to sell me anything. That's pretty annoying. Good luck with your business. I wish you well, but don't want 18 million messages/updates about the great sale you have going on right now.

Have a great day!!

Feel free to add me...I will only tell you about what I use if you ask me (because I also happen to sell it,) but I won't try to sell you anything you haven't asked me about. I have learned that journaling your food is an absolute must to success...we really underestimate what we are eating without keeping track.

Good luck!
  • mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Add sent.

I'm on here for life. I know that if I don't keep myself accountable even after I get to my goal I'll never stay at my goal.
    I seriously stay logged in here all day at work and check it constantly and use it on my phone all weekends. I'm addicted.

There are members of my family who think I'm obsessed and should just simply eat what I want...but they aren't all that happy that I've lost the weight I have and there's nothing I can do about that...nor do I really care to!
  • StaceysMotivated
    StaceysMotivated Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm newbie myself I'm so ready to do this.. after reading every ones post I'm not scared anymore, you guys are so Positive and friendly. I'm look for friends, positive ppl looking for friends?:smile:
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I do too! Esp HONEST people. Anyone can add me :)
  • saford10
    saford10 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this board too but I am really happy how things work here. I was away from exercise and good food decisions. I decided last Monday to change my life and get serious about ME. I made the choice and this morning when I got up I weighed myself and I had lost 7 pounds. Way more than I was expecting. I can't wait to see how this week will go. My goal is 100,000 steps and a 18 mile cardio workout for the week with one hour Taebo workout as well. So I am looking for new motivated friends to join me. Anyone want to start a new journey with me?
  • sunrize_sc
    sunrize_sc Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I, like you, had not been to serious about MFP the first year. At least not constantly serious but, now I am trying to do better. There are a lot of motivational people here. Feel free to add me if you'd like. :))
  • cmpettey
    cmpettey Posts: 223
    Options
    Add me! I'm positive, in this for life and promise not to sell you anything. :wink:
  • NYAnnie33
    NYAnnie33 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Love meeting positive friendly people! Feel free to add me. Good luck on your journey.
  • MrsCCWoods
    MrsCCWoods Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I agree feel free to ADD
    25438163.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • desilu69
    desilu69 Posts: 79
    Options
    I log in every day and consider myself to be pretty upbeat. I enjoy motivating and encouraging my friends. Anyone who needs a friend is more than welcome to add me as a friend. I will not turn anyone down.
  • marniesmith71
    marniesmith71 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow what a fantastic response you have got. sounds like everyone is in the same boat. i have sent u a friend request u can never have enough friends and support. anyone else needing friends please add me i could do with all the help and support tere is to offer.
    I have done every diet, taken every pill and at the moment on my last lot of duramine but realise they will end and i need to be able to keep looking weight on my own
  • RunAlyndaRun
    RunAlyndaRun Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Wow, just wow! I am overwhelmed by the acceptance and enthusiasm of my fellow MFP'ers:-) If you told me that I could add you then I am working my way through the posts. The system won't let me add many at a time, so it's slow going. I'm not complaining, though!

I hope everyone had a great day and tomorrow is even better!