Hello all, I am totally new to MFP. I am 5'2 and weight 190 at age 23, the most I have ever weighted and I HATE it. I have have done the yoyo thing with so many other diets. I don't want to keep going back and fourth I am ready to get healthy and make a life style change.

My goal is to drop 15 pounds by my sister's weeding on October 5th, My over all goal is to lose 40 pounds and stay at 150.

My plan as of right now is to stay at 1200 calories per day and burn at least 500 calories per day with various workouts. I do tend to get bored with workouts so I enjoy mixing it up and doing different types of workouts.

ANY help, encouargment, and workout suggestions are welcomed.

I can't wait to begin this journey!

Replies

• Nik0417
    Nik0417 Posts: 96 Member
    Hi i'm Nikki! i'll be 22 on the 31st, 5'5" 179lbs and i'm pretty much in the same boat as you and i also have a goal set for October 6th ( my wedding day!) i wish you good luck on your weight loss journey. Feel free to add me as a friend (:
  • madlhl
    madlhl Posts: 2
    Hi girls, I'm new here too and same deal, I'll be 23 on the 25th and wanting to drop weight for a wedding... Mine! However I have a little longer before the big day, March 16th. I'm 5'10 and 211 lbs and have about 40 lbs to lose and would love all the encouragement I can get!

I'm staying at 1400 calories a day, I would love to drop it further to 1200 but I also have a 7 month old son and I need the extra calories to keep going!!! I have been really seriously trying to lose the weight for the last 6 weeks or so, but I keep falling off the wagon! Nights out with friends, chocolate too conveniently being sold at hubby to be's soccer matches and friends who eat all they want and never gain a pound all havent helped. :|

BUT I'm back on the wagon and ready to go! Feel free to add me and we can encourage eachother through this difficult but worthwhile journey! :)