What do you eat for breakfast?

Options
looking for some,new breakfast ideas. preferably high in protein...

Replies

• Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    My diary's open to the public. Feel free to look. :)
  • cristenjo
    cristenjo Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    thank u so much! i will check it out.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I recently added hemp protein powder to my baked oatmeal. That upped it to 11g of protein per serving. I like take-and-go breakfasts so that I'm not tempted to buy from the cafeteria.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Protein shake and water. If I didn't work out at 5 am I'd skip it entirely
  • crimson_seven
    Options
    I saute up whatever veggies I have on hand (usually onions, zucchini, mushrooms, and bell pepper) and then scramble 2 eggs into that and top with salsa. I also add some cheese if I'm feeling sassy.
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    Weekdays: I work out before work (no food prior) and fix myself breakfast when I get to the office
    4 egg whites, either on an english muffin or two pieces of Sara Lee whole-wheat bread. These come in at:
    • (bread + egg whites) 190 cals, 14g carbs, 1g fat, 26g protein
    • (english muffins + egg whites) 220 cals, 23g carbs, 1g fat, 26g protein

I'll have fruit, jerky or some other snack around 10/10:30 and this will hold me over until lunch. Drink lots of water and green tea.

WEEKENDS I will clock in at 400-500 calories because I loooooooove breakfast so much. Three to four eggs, two pieces of toast (maybe with or without Laughing Cow cream cheese) plus chocolate milk (Almond Milk + Lite Hersheys Choco Syrup) and bacon or sausage links. I'll never turn down going out to breakfast/brunch... that will be a little more on the caloric scale.

Bottom line egg whites have been the best for me as far as lower cals/fat/cabs and higher in protein. Best bang for your buck -- mix it with veggies and some goat or feta cheese and you have yourself an omelet.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Whole egg, 2 slices bread, 1 slice cheese, and a slice of tomato--not bad at all calorie wise and tasty!!
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with protein powder (stated above), protein shakes, spinach/tuna omelette (my favorite), or this morning...I had a grilled ham egg and cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread with spinach and a tomato slice. :)
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    All bran with fat free greek yogurt. about 20g protein, 200 calories, and 10g fiber. Yum :)
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite breakfasts is two whole eggs over easy with cheese on multi-grain toast and some Greek yogurt and fruit. Lots of protein to keep me full through the morning, and really tasty! :)

I also love steel-cut oats with fruit, honey, almonds or brown sugar.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and bread. I'm out of peanut butter right now and it's killing me. I can't seem to make it to the store.
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Various Smoothies
    Eggs
    Lean Sausage
    Yogurt
    Oatmeal with no added sugar.
  • Abbygrlbff
    Abbygrlbff Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Egg whites on wheat bread. It's delicious!
  • hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    Normally porridge/oatmeal or pancakes or a smoothie... all containing protein powder!

Or eggs on toast.

Or if I'm feeling really lazy/don't care about my macros for the day I'll just have cereal with milk and a banana.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Today I had 1/2 cup old fashioned (not quick) oats. They are so much better than the processed stuff and still only take 3-5 minutes to cook on the stovetop. I microwaved, mashed and added half a cup of frozen strawberries and half a cup of frozen blueberries, a bit of splenda, some cinnamon, a few almonds and 1 1/2 tsp of milled flax seed. Sometimes if I want extra protein, I will stir in one scrambled egg, tempering it so it wont cook in lumps. You cant even taste the egg in it if you've added all the fruit. I love it and everyone at home always asks me what I'm cooking because it smells like oatmeal cookies!
    I think it has less than 300 calories and it is VERY filling and I stay full for a long time.
  • Harry_Du
    Options
    Hey, I am leaning at the moment, so my breakfast includes three eggs, porridge oats and skimmed milk with a tiny bit of honey, finish with 1 portion of blueberries. This breakfast is actually quite high in sugar, but combining with my exercise, it really works well.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    2 slices sprouted wheat toast
    2 tablespoons peanut butter
    1 tablespoon reduced sugar jam
    1 or 2 over-easy eggs
    1 cup sauteed kale
    coffee/half and half

This is 465 calories 32g carbs / 28g protein / 9g fiber with one egg, 525 cals/34g protein with two eggs.
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites scrambled, one turkey sausage patty cooked and cut up, mix together with a laughing cow cheese that has been cut up, top with pepper and fresh chives and voila... easy breakfast thats packed with protein. I eat that most mornings and find that I'm not hungry until lunch time. I believe there's about 30g of protein in the meal... give or take a few (I would have to look at the ingredients a little more closely)
  • Cgrnlaw
    Cgrnlaw Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have steel cut oatmeal and turkey bacon or a protein shake.
  • SNorris01
    SNorris01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Refrigerator oatmeal made with 3/4 cup Chocolate unsweetened almond milk, one package of stevia, 1/2 cup oats , 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (Kroger Brand, soy/whey), 1 TBS PB2, stir or shake leave over night, tastes like a no bake cookie. Yummy...

You can also make it like breakfast food, but using Vanilla Almond milk, skip the PB2 and use brown sugar substituent, sugar free syrup to taste, taste like a waffle.