What was the last movie that you watched for the first time?

Options
Laura_Suzie
Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
What was the last new (new to you anyway) movie you saw? It could have been at the movies or just at home. Also, what did you think of them?

I'm the type of person who will watch the same movies over and over again. But lately I've been on a kick of watching movies I've never seen.

The last movies I've watched for the first time were IT, Silence of the Lambs, The Seven Year Itch, and Inglorious Basterds. All were very good. I found I like the first half of the movie IT, better than the second. Also, Tim Curry is amazing in this movie. It's easy to see why Silence of the Lambs is a classic. I just regret not seeing it sooner. The Seven Year Itch was good, but I wasn't surprised it was a play first. Some of it didn't translate well to screen. Marilyn Monroe is perfect though, of course. Like many Tarantino films, Inglorious Basterds was just plain awesome. Very well-written and it had me at the edge of my seat. Some of it was hard to follow, but again, it's a Tarantino film...

So how about you guys?

(Also, try not to give away spoilers. haha)

Replies

• shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    John Tucker Must Die.

I'd never seen it before and it was on yesterday :blushing:

And I liked it :blushing:
  • j_wilson2012
    Options
    Untraceable.....Best crime thrill movie ever!
  • j_wilson2012
    Options
    Also saw Weekend at Bernie's all the way through for the first time a few weeks ago.
  • HornsUT32
    HornsUT32 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Magic Mike :blushing:
  • GambinoGirl
    GambinoGirl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    The Dark Knight Rises and I looooooooooooooooooved it.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Madagascar 3 and Brave. With 3 kids under 4 years old, we mainly watch kids movies. We all loved both movies. Brave is a great one for moms to watch with their daughters. I wanted to cry a bunch of times and it taught me a lot about what mistakes to (hopefully) avoid as my girls get older.
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My last new-new movie was To Rome with Love. It's unconventional (4 different storylines) , but very fun and entertaining.

My last new-to-me movie was the 1980 version of Popeye. This caught my interest because it stars Robin Williams and Shelly Duvall as Popeye and Olive Oyl. It's rather surreal and cartoonish, as you might expect, but if you enjoy nostalgia you'll probably enjoy it.
  • j_wilson2012
    Options
    Also, if you have never seen the Back to the Future trilogy, in order, and all the way through, it is a must see! That is, in my opinion, THE best trilogy of all time.

I saw a grey Delorean in Wilton, and also at Stuarts Automotive. Although, I think it is the same exact one. It is a collector's item. Crappiest car ever made, but indeed the most famous.
  • waygor
    waygor Posts: 17
    Options
    Moonrise Kingdom...excellent movie
  • emmeylou
    emmeylou Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    The most recent for me (I am also a movie-repeater) was Ice Age 4, with my little sister (she's 6). We've saw the first three in theatres and, of course, continued the tradition. Many adults without children in their lives will be surprised that is is PLENTY of hidden "grown up" humor and plot to make it fun for everyone.

Now, as for my recent "repeats"- Lord of the Rings (all three), Pans Labyrinth, Harry Potter (I grew up with them and will forever more be a fan :P ), Land Before Time (again, with my 6 year old sister, repeat since I used to watch them as a kid).

Lord of the Rings has been watched so many times in my family that the disks are wearing out... :/ And I can't afford to replace them anytime soon... *sigh*

Pans Labyrinth is one of the best movies I have ever seen that was NOT based on a book!. It doesn't matter that the film is in Spanish because there is very little dialogue... it doesn't need it! It is intense and captivating and thrilling and pure fantasy. There is nothing better than that combo IMO. I *highly* recommend this!
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend made me watch that Bucky Larson movie.

BIG mistake.

Before that, he made me watch Stranger Than Fiction.... THAT was good! And made me cry.
  • emmeylou
    Options
    Also, if you have never seen the Back to the Future trilogy, in order, and all the way through, it is a must see! That is, in my opinion, THE best trilogy of all time.

I saw a grey Delorean in Wilton, and also at Stuarts Automotive. Although, I think it is the same exact one. It is a collector's item. Crappiest car ever made, but indeed the most famous.

Loved the Back to the Future movies!!! I cannot agree, however, that it was *the* best trilogy. That title, for me, is held by Lord of the Rings.

I also saw a Delorean and it was obvious that the owner was a Future fan... this was in a Walmart parking lot in FL. It was awesome! I even took a pic on my phone!
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Magic Mike. The movie itself kinda stunk but there sure was a lot of awesome eye candy. But, defiitely not good enough to watch a second time.
  • emmeylou
    Options
    Madagascar 3 and Brave. With 3 kids under 4 years old, we mainly watch kids movies. We all loved both movies. Brave is a great one for moms to watch with their daughters. I wanted to cry a bunch of times and it taught me a lot about what mistakes to (hopefully) avoid as my girls get older.

My mom, myself, and my six year old sister went to see this! It is definitely a GREAT mother/daughter film! There were no dry eyes between the three of us when it was over lol! I haven't cried during a movie since Dobby died in Harry Potter... (Hey! I grew up with them! I also wanted my very own "Dobby" as kid lol).
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    And the Band Played On. GREAT HBO movie from 1993. I watched it on DVD the other day. I highly recommend it.
  • MrsCCWoods
    MrsCCWoods Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    What's your number? which is kinda funny
  • j_wilson2012
    Options
    LOTR a close second. It was one of the few trilogies where I actually read the book (American version) before I saw the movies. I even started with "The Hobbit". Interestingly enough, I started it after reading Redwall.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I had a sh*tty movie marathon with my bad self today.

Bride Flight (great foreign film. Loved it)
    Ned Kelly (so sad, but very good)
    Barry Munday (just... Odd)
    Swinging with the Finkels (Mandy Moore puts a vegetable you know where, so that was... Worth it)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Magic Mike. The movie itself kinda stunk but there sure was a lot of awesome eye candy. But, defiitely not good enough to watch a second time.

So worth the viewing though;)
  • cathiaflock
    cathiaflock Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Tonight we watched Dream House with Daniel Craig. I missed the first 40 min of it but it was pretty creepy, weird, and sad.