Does anyone love chips as much as I do? =/

Options
So, I pretty much have this addiction to CHIPS. I love chips. All kinds, all flavors. Mmmm. I love chips. I seriously would rather eat a bag of chips than an actual meal of FOOD. It's strange. Anyway, for all you other chip lovers out there...have you found a close replacement, that's a bit more healthy? I was doing so well not eating any kind of snacky food (crackers and such) but I just ate half a bag of bbq Lays (while watching extreme weight loss show no less lol) and was thinking to myself how disgusting it is that I love chips so much! I've had the cracker chips (Special K) and Baked Lays, but just wondering if there's another wonderful chippish snack out there I don't know about? My scale won't like me tomorrow...

Replies

• birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Haha yes my weakness, they are off limits to me. I can not have a serving or two...or three. I've grown fond of Triscuits in the Olive Oil and Rosemary flavor but honestly there is no substitute for saltycrispy goodness.
  • AlysonBug
    AlysonBug Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am with you, I love chips and they are so bad for us!!!

I tried all those baked whatever snacks but what I put it down to is buying health food store chips. Organic better for you chips. They aren't all made out of veggies they are actually good. They don't have any chemicals or nasty stuff in them, they are all natural yummy chips. Also they are priced to about the same price as the other chips and in grocery stores they are constantly on sale because no one thinks to buy chips in the health food section. Then I just portion it out. I got to otherwise I will also eat half a bag while watching a weight loss show, lol.
  • PS2CR
    PS2CR Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I could easily go through a whole bag of SunChips, especially the Salsa variety. But when I get the salty munchies, now, I pop a snack bag of Orville Redenbacher's Low Fat Popcorn in the microwave (100 calories for the snack size/200 for the larger size). Since it takes a while to eat a whole bag, it satisfies that 'grazing' urge in front of the TV, but without the guilt.
  • cathy2cc
    cathy2cc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My husband and I love chips. We just found a brand called Pop chips-they are all natural and the bbq tastes great. The whole bag is about 300 calories only and we share one bag between us. You can get them at Bargain Shop and Food Basics. These are the only places I know that sells them.
  • AlysonBug
    AlysonBug Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My husband and I love chips. We just found a brand called Pop chips-they are all natural and the bbq tastes great. The whole bag is about 300 calories only and we share one bag between us. You can get them at Bargain Shop and Food Basics. These are the only places I know that sells them.

I love pop chips!
  • aliciagudino
    aliciagudino Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I think that is the rule I have to make for myself...no chips for me, as much as it hurts. I normally don't restrict anything, almost anything, I can do in moderation and be okay. Chips...I can not just have a serving. When I talk about wanting chips people will tell me, just have a few....seriously?! A few?! Don't you know me?! I can't seem to limit myself to just a few. If I cut them out completely, I will probably have better success. It's a sad thing, to say goodbye...but I just gotta say no! So I guess I solved my own problems, didn't I? :) (Suggestions still welcome, just in case haha)
  • aliciagudino
    aliciagudino Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Ooooo Sun chips...French Onion for me! I may have to try PopChips, I've seen them but never tried. Thanks for the suggestions!
  • hmbrandon
    hmbrandon Posts: 114
    Options
    Oh, yes, I love my chips. It's my addiction to Doritos and Dr. Pepper that got me into this mess. Can't even keep them in the house anymore! :)
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I think that is the rule I have to make for myself...no chips for me, as much as it hurts. I normally don't restrict anything, almost anything, I can do in moderation and be okay. Chips...I can not just have a serving. When I talk about wanting chips people will tell me, just have a few....seriously?! A few?! Don't you know me?! I can't seem to limit myself to just a few. If I cut them out completely, I will probably have better success. It's a sad thing, to say goodbye...but I just gotta say no! So I guess I solved my own problems, didn't I? :) (Suggestions still welcome, just in case haha)

*Hugs*

That's what I finally had to do, nothing else worked. Every other food I've been able to not think twice about eating in moderation. Evil Evil chips...maybe some day we will be back together.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I need potato chip rehab!
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Pop chips are pretty good! I hate buying little bitty individual serving size bags, but seeing as I'm a chip lover myself, a bulk bag is disaster! I have given up Doritos (god I love them things...) and will until I know I'm close enough to goal weight to not sabotage myself with more than a small handful! I feel your pain!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I like the Pop Chips black pepper flavor best of all. We order those online in the 100-calorie packs, which really helps a LOT with self control. Jimmy John's Thinny Chips are very good, but two servings (130 calories each) in a bag.