Been tracking my exercise wrong

Options
I just realised that the treadmill is in km per hour but MFP is in mph.
So when I log my walking say if I do 5.5km per hour on the treadmill and I log it on here I'm really logging 5.5mph which = 8.8kph
No wonder MFP was saying so many more calories, I thought MFP was very generous but now I know I was just logging wrong :(

So all my other diary entries are wrong, I've added to much exercise :(

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Well now you know and can track accurately from now on. Don't stress about the past....
  • GabsMommy28
    GabsMommy28 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It's ok! Stuff like that will happen, it's in the past now. Just laugh it off and move on. (I think you can change it to track k but I am not sure.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    DOH!
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about going back and changing it all but I got worried I would stress if the calories changed and I went over my limit and since I've lost 6kg I thought it would be best to just leave it so I didn't stuff up my motivation.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    No big deal. The fact that you logged it incorrectly doesn't change what you burned. Keep on keepin' on...........
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    No big deal. The fact that you logged it incorrectly doesn't change what you burned. Keep on keepin' on...........

^^ This. I wouldn't go back and change it. I'd just start logging it correctly now.