How do you record juicing?

Options
brooshie
brooshie Posts: 141 Member
Im going to start making an apple & carrot juice, how would I record that in my logs? because I lose all the fiber and other things, so I can't exactly mark them as if they're raw.

Replies

• brooshie
    Options
    anybody?
  • brooshie
    Options
    nobody? alright then lol
  • Derinq
    Derinq Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    As far as I saw there are some juices from raw veggies added to the database, so use those maybe? :)
  • jacqui1612
    jacqui1612 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    As far as I saw there are some juices from raw veggies added to the database, so use those maybe? :)

And if they aren't on the database, look them up on the internet.. There will be the macros for them somewhere, then just add your own food for it..
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Or just use apple juice as an approximation. The calories from the carrots will probably be negligible compared to the calories from the sugar content of the apples anyway.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    nobody? alright then lol

I tried juicing for a few days and instantly gained I think like 5 lbs by the 3rd day .... You have to realize that there is ALLOT of natural sugar in each apple and you get it all at small amount of juice .... So just be careful of how much fruit you put in your juice.

I asked the same question and no one responded either ... seems to be no way to really log it. I hope it's not cause you watched that stupid movie where that dude lost a ton of weight on a juice only diet.... if that is the case and that is your plan make sure it is supervised by a doctor.

Celery juice helps with sleep apparently that's all I can really remember was a few months back now
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    It's probably not 100% accurate, but I used to log the juice as the fruit veg itself but I reentered it into mfp with 0 fibre content, same sugar.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    why would you want to remove the fibre?
  • brooshie
    Options
    why would you want to remove the fibre?

i just like juice.
  • brooshie
    Options
    nobody? alright then lol

I tried juicing for a few days and instantly gained I think like 5 lbs by the 3rd day .... You have to realize that there is ALLOT of natural sugar in each apple and you get it all at small amount of juice .... So just be careful of how much fruit you put in your juice.

I asked the same question and no one responded either ... seems to be no way to really log it. I hope it's not cause you watched that stupid movie where that dude lost a ton of weight on a juice only diet.... if that is the case and that is your plan make sure it is supervised by a doctor.

Celery juice helps with sleep apparently that's all I can really remember was a few months back now

why'd you gain weight from it?

and also, idk what movie you're talking about, so that's not the reason :) i just need extra calories
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    You don't include the fibre in your food diary because when you juice fruits and vegetables the fibre is removed...
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    nobody? alright then lol

why'd you gain weight from it?

and also, idk what movie you're talking about, so that's not the reason :) i just need extra calories

I'm not sure brother ... my only guess is that I don't eat any kind of sugar outside of natural sugar and even at that it is very minimal. So since my body wasn't use to it, it triggered insulin, insulin races to your cells and tells them to store fat ...That's my guess cause it was the only thing I changed in my diet.
  • maggieball
    Options
    I was shocked at how many calories in my morning juice (like 600 - about half my daily amount!). It's just a fresh pressed vegetable/apple mix. Woah. Took me by suprise because it doesn't leave me feeling full at all. I will either be drinking less or eating my vegetables whole.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    You could try using a blender like a Ninja or something and blending the fruits and veggies in that with some water to thin it a bit. That way you're getting all of the fiber along with the juice, you use less fruits and veggies in each glass since it's keeping the whole food and I've heard that it's also more filling than straight juice.

I haven't personally done juicing, but I know way, way too many people that have. Many of them because of Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dying (I think it was called).

Fair warning though - every single person I know that juiced for weight loss gained all of the weight they lost while juicing back after they stopped juicing, whether it was the juicer juice or blender juice. Every. Single. One.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    You don't include the fibre in your food diary because when you juice fruits and vegetables the fibre is removed...

I figured this. Hence why I would just eat the food and get the fibre.