Support!!!!!!!!

Options
I am new to myfitnesspal and any support, tips, or advice would be so much appreciated!!!!!!!

Replies

• gameon15
    gameon15 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    well it`s good to use the calorie quota for something to aim for, but remember to be easy on yourself when you have a `treat day`. I myself had a hard time on here at first, feeling like I had to go `hard core` about everything everyday - I try to look at what I`ll be able to live with in the long term. The greatest thing about this program is that it forces you to be accountable - even if you (as I put it) ``fall off the wagon``, log everything that you eat - if you treat yourself do it consciously.
    Feel free to add me as a friend - I`m looking for new friends on here to give each other mutual support.
    Cheers!!
    Karry :)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    well it`s good to use the calorie quota for something to aim for, but remember to be easy on yourself when you have a `treat day`. I myself had a hard time on here at first, feeling like I had to go `hard core` about everything everyday - I try to look at what I`ll be able to live with in the long term. The greatest thing about this program is that it forces you to be accountable - even if you (as I put it) ``fall off the wagon``, log everything that you eat - if you treat yourself do it consciously.

Also, try to make some friends by posting on the forums and reading the posts. Find people in your age range and weight range because that will be the most helpful to you. When you make a friend keep in touch with them. Don't just friend someone and then ignore them.

I would prefer if you didn't friend me because I have as many people to keep up with as I can manage, but there are lots of people looking for support on MFP and you will find the right ones for you if you look.

Best wishes.
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    I'll add you and support you :)

log everyday. have a cheat day once a week too.
    the forums are really helpful too
  • leannehoggdodd
    Options
    I think the key is to log on everyday and i think the forums really help to keep you motivated - you need to log everything (even if you are bad!) - i used to pretend i didnt have something and not log it - it didnt help! i started afresh 3 weeks ago and i have lost 9 pound so far - i have been using the forums since i started doing again and they really do help!

add me if you want!

x
  • theaimster30
    theaimster30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'll support you, Holly!