3 Day results on the 30 Day Shred

Options
dixiewhiskey
dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
I know its only been a few days since I started the 30 Day Shred but I had to share! In no gym, yoga or any kind of program have I ever had results like the one I am having with 30 Day Shred. I remember years ago spending hours at the gym a few times a week and never seen any definition in my abs.

I had a baby five months ago and am now down to 182.5 lbs. I started the DVD on Thursday at 187 lbs.

Day 1 (left) Day 3 (today, right)
3531a1g.jpg

Replies

• hippietofugirl
    Options
    Thats awesome! I love 30DS but my only issue with it is the stomach exercises. Crunches are great for girls who are already thin and are just trying to tone up, but if you've still got belly fat, building up the muscle underneath is only going to make your stomach look bigger which is what happened with me. But I solved the problem by doing jumprope or jumping jacks while she does the ab exercises instead, and now my stomach is a lot smaller and everything else is toning nicely.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    Thats awesome! I love 30DS but my only issue with it is the stomach exercises. Crunches are great for girls who are already thin and are just trying to tone up, but if you've still got belly fat, building up the muscle underneath is only going to make your stomach look bigger which is what happened with me. But I solved the problem by doing jumprope or jumping jacks while she does the ab exercises instead, and now my stomach is a lot smaller and everything else is toning nicely.

Thanks! One of the things I love about her DVD is that you COULD supplement one or two of the strength with whatever you want to work on. That's what I've been doing anyway.. I still do the cardio, most of the strength but I get through them quick so I do some abs or focus on cardio while I wait for the girls on the tape. I also use a combo of some of the ab exercises in both Day 1 and Day 2 so all parts of my abdominals get worked.

The issue you mentioned was something I've always been afraid of because I've never been able to get rid of fat there.. especially after having children. I don't know what it is but I do notice a loss of fat around my face and my tummy is getting slightly flatter. I will try what you did if I encounter that problem :) Thanks so much for sharing!
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    Anyone else on the Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred? What have your results been?
  • alliwithaneye
    alliwithaneye Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm on level one and have noticed that my ab area has gotten tighter. My belly where I had my daughter is starting to go in and my legs are much thinner, everything fits better. I also modify some of the ab workouts because I have degenerative disc disease and can't really be on my back that long. You look great btw! Keep up with it and you should have some amazing results at the 30 day mark :)
  • katelouiseoz
    Options
    HIya, I'm on Level one day 7... Starting level 2 tonight :) I love the DVD :) Well done you!
  • CruzZ8
    CruzZ8 Posts: 71
    Options
    I'm not sure if this counts here, but in pilates they teach you that it's important to pull your belly button to the spine or you will build up instead of flattening your stomach down. Did you squeeze and hold your core inward during the ab exercises? Might be worth a try
  • CruzZ8
    Options
    I'm not sure if this counts here, but in pilates they teach you that it's important to pull your belly button to the spine or you will build up instead of flattening your stomach down. Did you squeeze and hold your core inward during the ab exercises? Might be worth a try

**forgot to hit reply the first time
  • CruzZ8
    Options
    I am jealous of those results, rock on! I'm on day 8 of Level 1 myself and have actually gained a pound or so instead haha
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    I'm on level one and have noticed that my ab area has gotten tighter. My belly where I had my daughter is starting to go in and my legs are much thinner, everything fits better. I also modify some of the ab workouts because I have degenerative disc disease and can't really be on my back that long. You look great btw! Keep up with it and you should have some amazing results at the 30 day mark :)

If you have an ottomon / footrest, you could use that for your ab exercises. Kind of in place of an exercise ball (I don't have one). I used my footrest in the living room for some of the ab exercises but also got down on a mat to do them too. I found the footrest didn't make my lower back hurt like the floor does and gave me more range of motion with moves. Ask your doc first though but it helps with my back. Thanks so much for your post and compliment! I wish you the best of luck and hope to see your results very soon!! :-)
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    HIya, I'm on Level one day 7... Starting level 2 tonight :) I love the DVD :) Well done you!

Congrats!! Level 2 is awesome... definitely a step up for Level 1! But every day that you do it, you get so much stronger! Keep it up! :) Let me know what you think of Level 2
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    I am jealous of those results, rock on! I'm on day 8 of Level 1 myself and have actually gained a pound or so instead haha

:-)

Congrats! What are you trying to get out of the 30DS? For weight loss, you will probably gain a little bit before you lose a bunch of 'body fat lbs'. Keep up with it because you will probably notice a definite decease in inches in no time!

I'm very afraid that the scale is going to stop on me but luckily its been moving.
  • ashleew1117
    Options
    this picture is motivational, considering everything i have been trying hasn't been working.
    I just hope that i don't gain weight from the muscle i'm builing, i want to lose weight first then gain muscle. (:

Keep up the great work, today was my first day with 30DS and it felt great (:
  • DanyelePalmer
    Options
    Bump ! Starting tonight :)
  • sunny_smile5
    sunny_smile5 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

Can you please describe this move more in detail - how to pull you belly button to your spine? I think I'm having the same problem ...this is my second round doing 30DS and everywhere has gotten smaller except for my stomach, which I have kept close measurement of but it has not gotten smaller at all despite my daily commitment to the ab workouts.
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I love this workout! I just started and after 5 days I have already lost an inch off my waist and 1/2 inch off my thighs. Incredible!
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    this picture is motivational, considering everything i have been trying hasn't been working.
    I just hope that i don't gain weight from the muscle i'm builing, i want to lose weight first then gain muscle. (:

Keep up the great work, today was my first day with 30DS and it felt great (:

I'm glad that this motivates you! Congrats on completing your first day!! I've been looking at different reviews and success stories and it really helps me get through!

Your weight is just a number.. in order to lose weight effectively, you have to build muscle first. What makes the 30 Day Shred so great is that it has you doing cardio in short periods of time plus strength training so you burn fat and build muscle at the same time = therefore burning more calories and most of those from fat. Its much better to have more weight from muscle, bone, etc, than from fat. Jillian will also talk about this too while you are working out. Can't wait to hear more about your experience with 30DS!!
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options

Can you please describe this move more in detail - how to pull you belly button to your spine? I think I'm having the same problem ...this is my second round doing 30DS and everywhere has gotten smaller except for my stomach, which I have kept close measurement of but it has not gotten smaller at all despite my daily commitment to the ab workouts.

I'm not sure if I could be wrong here but I think its similar to sucking in.. you have to pull your "belly button"/ ab area toward your spine/back. I might be wrong. OP hopefully will fill us in! :)
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    Bump ! Starting tonight :)

Yay!! You will be amazed and the workout seriously kicks butt! Will you be measuring and taking b&a pics? I find it helps so you really see the progress! Keep us updated! :)
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    I love this workout! I just started and after 5 days I have already lost an inch off my waist and 1/2 inch off my thighs. Incredible!

That's EXCELLENT!! Congrats :)
  • NPS1985
    NPS1985 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just started again! D3L1
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!