Hello From Kentucky!

Options
I am Darlene and am new here. Would love to make some friends and get on the wt loss train with someone. Lets push each other. Thanks and Good luck!

Replies

• nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Welcome Darlene! This site is awesome! There are so many great people that offer wonderful support. I wish you the best of luck!:flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Darlene, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "recent forum topics", and "view all", then "general diet", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I'm from KY too! :flowerforyou: Good luck!
  • toddsbabygirl
    Options
    Hi darlene, where in kentucky are yoU? im from kentucky too,, right on the tennesse/kentucky border
  • BillZ
    BillZ Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey to all the Kentucky Loosers! And I mean that in the best way! I am excited to be here. I just joined after spending almost a year with another app that doesn't have this type of support network set up. I love the idea of being able to use my computer for data entry and things go a lot faster this way.

I have lost 30 pounds already and have extended my goal to loose 20 more. I credit my success to the other app by providing me with a clear view of what I am eating and how that affects my weight. Some one mentioned that you should put your daily plan into your calorie counter before you get to the table. I concur emphatically and have seen the effects of making poor decisions at meal times as opposed to having my day laid out before I leave the house or shortly after. It really helps to control those urges when you already know what is planned for lunch and dinner.

I am excited that there are so many people here from Kentucky. This is pretty cool.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    There are more that I have seen on other threads, too. I am from Western Ky, but currently at UK (Go Cats!!). Let's all do the John Wall Dance in celebration of our journey :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard and good luck on your weight loss journey
  • rori20
    rori20 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Best of luck on your weight loss! I just started here today, myself. My husband and I are from Central KY but we live in San Diego right now.