Vi-Salus or Body By Vi info wanted?

Options
I have been on MFP for 9 weeks tomorrow and so far I have lost 20 lbs just eating lighter and healthier and exercising. I really love what I am going. But since I have started this I have every direct sales representative clamoring after me to try their products. Herbalife , Vi-Salus or Body by Vi...Shaklee ....and I am SICK OF IT!!!!!!!!

I have told these people I am not interested and they don't give up.

I am looking into some of them and I am not very convinced about their product. There is information out there to support these businesses and there is a ton of opinion out there disputing their business...except for Shaklee I must say. They seem to be the business with the best reputation and scientific facts to back up their products.

The Body By Vi reps won't leave me alone and I have told them too. Today they even came out to the station and not only made me a shake right here in my own studio but for everyone else who is here too. I was so embarrassed that I said one of them could come out...two reps showed up and talked for over an hour to us and have an appointment to come out during our next staff meeting.

What is your advice or experience with Body by Vi?

or any of the other products. I am curious ans wanting more information from people who are NOT sellers or reps!

Replies

• shay0119
    shay0119 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    My mom has lost 25 pounds since the beginning of March with the body by vi shakes and she has not even exercised! I think her starting weight was 280-285.
  • vahine03
    vahine03 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Ummm. body by vi was the only thing that have successfully worked for people who are polynesians. I've seen some huge differences from those who've used it and we know some of them personally. I use it and like that i could use it with just about anything. I've lost almost 20 pounds in a month while on it. I basically use it for the nutrition rather than losing the weight. Those days when i just don't have the time to make a good and healthy meal, i use this in it's place on the go.

Srry for the bad grammar. In a rush and i better get going. :)
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Any meal replacement shake, or any diet plan in general, that puts you in a caloric deficit over the course of time, will generally work.

Whether or not it keeps you satisfied and whether or not it's a good idea to replace real food with liquids is an entirely different question.

You can create an energy deficit while eating actual food (no shakes) and you'll get equal results assuming equal deficit and a little common sense along the way.

EDIT: Specifically, if you replace two meals with "Shake A" and it's a 300 calorie shake for example, and you eat a 600 calorie dinner with a 100 calorie snack, you'll end your day at 1300 calories. This will cause weight loss in most people.

It's not the shake causing weight loss, it's the fact that you're eating the shake instead of whatever else it was that you would have eaten, and in most cases that's going to result in less calories being consumed. This is an important distinction so that you're not being mislead into believing that these shakes are magical weight loss vials.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Any meal replacement shake, or any diet plan in general, that puts you in a caloric deficit over the course of time, will generally work.

Whether or not it keeps you satisfied and whether or not it's a good idea to replace real food with liquids is an entirely different question.

You can create an energy deficit while eating actual food (no shakes) and you'll get equal results assuming equal deficit and a little common sense along the way.

EDIT: Specifically, if you replace two meals with "Shake A" and it's a 300 calorie shake for example, and you eat a 600 calorie dinner with a 100 calorie snack, you'll end your day at 1300 calories. This will cause weight loss in most people.

It's not the shake causing weight loss, it's the fact that you're eating the shake instead of whatever else it was that you would have eaten, and in most cases that's going to result in less calories being consumed. This is an important distinction so that you're not being mislead into believing that these shakes are magical weight loss vials.

This! These shakes are overpriced and undervalued.
  • Mrsshaffer25
    Mrsshaffer25 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Anybody can eat less food and lose weight. Visalus is only 90 cals but then you mix other things in it (fruit, milk, juice....) and it has a little more cals. But it's not even about that. I have gone on diets before where I cut out alot of cals. But Visalus has nutrients that I dont fully get on a daily basis. It helps me with my digestive system, I feel better, and I do have more energy. I have been on it for 1 month and lost 20 lbs. I have tried many diets and this program works. I have since became a promoter because of my great success and have made my money back and have profit from it. My kit is also free.
  • nursewhitman
    nursewhitman Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I say to each his own, but I think people should look at lifestyles. You can't drink those shakes and take pills every day for the rest of your life. That's depressing. You have to learn to eat right and exercise enough.
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I definitely think its kind of a to each their own situation .... I absolutely agree with those who think along the lines of eat small portions, lower calories, working out then ofcourse you will get the exact same results you do as drinking two shakes a day and eating a sensible meal ....

I personally chose to do the shakes because I either would skip meals all together or I would grab the wrong foods on the go .... I personally just dont have the energy and most times the time to do all of the things I do between working fulltime, being a student full time and caring for a 4 year old by myself (no family closer than 4 hours to me) and I dont drive so everything I do is on public transportation which increases my travel greatly .....

I have only been on the shakes for 5 or 6 days and so I cannot even attest to the fact that I have lost so many pounds but I have not missed a meal all week- - at night before bed I pour my water or milk into 2 bottles and sit my powder in a baggy then I end up mixing it on the bus for breakfast and at work for lunch (unless I pack lunch then Ill make a shake at night for dinner after my evening walk. I personally do feel much better BUT again is it from the shake, my daily vitamin, the exercise, or the fact I am getting more meals HONESTLY I DONT KNOW.

So far the shakes work for me - for you they may not - I personally choose not to promote the shakes to people who do not initiate the conversation - - if I start to have results and people ask me what have I been doing then ofcourse I will give them my same honest opinion I have given you but to just sale the product because everyone else is or anything else just isnt for me.

Did I give you any shake info probably not - just a rant I felt like having while sitting on the bus to get my daughter to daycare at 6am .... LOL. So the shake powder is 90 cals then depending on the liquid you use and fruits, veggies, peanut butter, or other mix in you increase the shake calorie. It is suppose to have the nutrients you need for a day however I personally take an organic daily vitamin every other day to supplement the natural plant nutrients I know it does not have in the shake. They are quick, they are easy, they are tasty - - Just research and you can find lots of info some for and some against just as you would for everything in this world. :-)