Cruise Ship Bound

Options
Hey all, this is my first go round with "my fitness pal". I've tried weight watchers approximately 27 times with no lasting results.

Motivated this time by an upcoming spring cruise. Wifey has challenged me to drop 50 pounds by the time we leave. So off I go. Historically, weeks 1 and 2 aren't to bad. I tend to get into trouble on weeks 3 and later. I lose interest/ motivation and am sucked back in by cheeseburgers. I'm really making every effort to make things work this time.

Replies

• CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm headed for a cruise this spring, too! When and where are you going? We haven't booked yet, but my best friend and I are leaving New Orleans on a 4-day cruise to Cozumel in April.

I really want to lose enough to be below 200 when I go. I have to lose 22 lbs in 16 weeks to do that. That is just a little under 1.5 lbs a week. I know that I can do it if I push hard enough. I need to focus on keeping to my calorie count on the weekends and getting enough exercise.
  • ericroberts
    Options
    We're going with 2 other families (15 people in all) on a Disney Cruise in April. Really working to be comfortable strolling around "shirtless," but have a ways to go.

how is the "couch to 5k" thing working. I"ve had the app on my phone forever, but haven't started yet.
  • ericroberts
    Options
    We're going with 2 other families (15 people in all) on a Disney Cruise in April. Really working to be comfortable strolling around "shirtless," but have a ways to go.

how is the "couch to 5k" thing working. I"ve had the app on my phone forever, but haven't started yet.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    welcome to an awesome site ... i wish you much luck in your weight loss goal
  • CrystalT
    Options
    Well, it hasn't gone too well so far. I originally started back in mid Oct. I literally fell off the treadmill on Halloween and put myself out of commission for a few weeks. I started over once I healed. I got through week 3 and then I stopped exercising as much through the holidays. I started over with week 1 yet again yesterday. That didn't go as well as I wanted. I wasn't feeling well anyway, plus I forgot to bring water. I managed to get about half-way through the workout and I just had to stop. I'm trying again tomorrow. I just really need to get my head in the right place and stop doubting myself. I know all about the "self-fulfilling prophecy" so I know that I need to start believing in myself or I'll never get anywhere.
  • ERnurse
    ERnurse Posts: 77
    Options
    Crystal - thanks for the couch to 5K thing - I hadn't heard of it and I want to start running again as the calorie burn is amazing :):flowerforyou:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I'm headed for a cruise this spring, too! When and where are you going? We haven't booked yet, but my best friend and I are leaving New Orleans on a 4-day cruise to Cozumel in April.

I really want to lose enough to be below 200 when I go. I have to lose 22 lbs in 16 weeks to do that. That is just a little under 1.5 lbs a week. I know that I can do it if I push hard enough. I need to focus on keeping to my calorie count on the weekends and getting enough exercise.

Weird - we actually looked into a 4day from NO to Cozumel!! We decided on one leaving from AL thats 5 days & costed us the same in the end - port fees in NO are kinda pricy (I think). April 24th is also my ''goal date''

I love meeting fellow ''cruisers'' :flowerforyou:
  • CrystalT
    Options
    Crystal - thanks for the couch to 5K thing - I hadn't heard of it and I want to start running again as the calorie burn is amazing :):flowerforyou:

No problem. There's actually a group of us on here who just started. Feel free to join our thread.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/73999-new-c25k-for-the-new-year
  • CrystalT
    Options

Weird - we actually looked into a 4day from NO to Cozumel!! We decided on one leaving from AL thats 5 days & costed us the same in the end - port fees in NO are kinda pricy (I think). April 24th is also my ''goal date''

Okay I'm new to cruising, what are "port fees" and how to I find out what the fees are for each port? We were also looking at cruises out of Galveston, TX and Mobile, AL. We picked NOLA for 2 reasons: 1) shortest drive and 2) we know peole who live there so we can go down early and not have to worry with a hotel. However, we haven't booked so if it is going to be a lot more expensive to sail out of NOLA, we might decide to start at a different port.

Please, give me any tips you may have. My best friend and I are traveling together and neither of us have ever been on a cruise. I'm very excited about it, but also really nervous.
  • ericroberts
    Options
    Thanks, I appreciate the kind wishes. Seriously, I need all the help I can get. I hope i'm nearly as successful as you've been... congrats, badonkadonk.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options

Okay I'm new to cruising, what are "port fees" and how to I find out what the fees are for each port? We were also looking at cruises out of Galveston, TX and Mobile, AL. We picked NOLA for 2 reasons: 1) shortest drive and 2) we know peole who live there so we can go down early and not have to worry with a hotel. However, we haven't booked so if it is going to be a lot more expensive to sail out of NOLA, we might decide to start at a different port.

Please, give me any tips you may have. My best friend and I are traveling together and neither of us have ever been on a cruise. I'm very excited about it, but also really nervous.

This'll be cruise #7 or 8 for me - I'm heading out for the day, but I'll message ya tomorrow :) g'night!
  • pea26
    pea26 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hey guys,

I went on my first holiday this year, and because i dont fly i went on a lovely cruise of the med, it was fantastic! and i cant wait to go on another one!
    The only thing i regret was that i didnt loose weight before my holiday, i kept putting the 'Holiday diet' off, and off, and all of a sudden voila i was on my holiday! Im not one of the types of people who think 'No one knows me on holiday so doesnt matter what i look like in a bikini', im really self concious no matter what size i am. And being that bit larger last year i didnt get to enjoy all the luxurys of the cruise because of it, like sun bathing in little, swimming etc and when i look at my holiday photos, sadly i only see how big i look and not how much fun i was having.
    So this year i am taking very early steps to loosing weight gradually for a holiday in 2011 :D i wish you all good luck with your weight loss! :) stick with it so you dont end up feeling like i do about my lovely holiday,

xx