Stuck! Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Options
Over the past 18 months I've lost 91 pounds and gone from a BMI of 38 to 21.6. My weight loss has really slowed down over the past few months. Last month I only lost one pound.

I don't know what to do to get over this plateau. I've read so much good information on here and I'm hoping you all can help me and maybe tell me what you did that helped you get over a plateau.

I have 7 pounds to go. So close!!

Right now I eat about 1200-1300 calories per day, all whole grains, legumes, lentils, tofu, vegetables, fruits, etc. I'm vegetarian. Six days a week I go for 60 minute fast paced walks, and then in the evening I do either straight cardio, or cardio and weights for 65-75 minutes. Going off my heart rate monitor, I burn about 700 calories a day (sometimes a bit more) through exercise. I change up my exercise often and have built a lot of muscle.

I've tried eating slightly more and it didn't help. I'm scared to change my diet too much because I have engagement photos in 7 weeks and I do not want to put on any weight. I'd love to lose some before then!

Any tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance. :)

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    at some point you will be eating more... thats what maintenance is... with 7lbs to go you need to up your calories. any weight gain will be temporary - do it now, it wont take 7 weeks to balance back out!

you cant live off 1200 cals for ever!
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    at some point you will be eating more... thats what maintenance is... with 7lbs to go you need to up your calories. any weight gain will be temporary - do it now, it wont take 7 weeks to balance back out!

you cant live off 1200 cals for ever!

Thanks! That's something I'm worried about. I don't feel too hungry at this level, but I think I'd be happier around 1500 calories. Do I just slowly increase and hope my body adjusts without putting on too much weight? I'm getting married in about 9 months, so I do want to get to maintenance level before then so I have enough time to figure things out with my diet.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    check how many cals MFP gives you when you set it to lose 1/2lb, then add 100 calories this week, the another 100 next week etc etc until you get to that figure.

that being said, if your profile picture if you now, i really dont see where another 7lbs are going to come from!!!!
  • uwdawg07
    Options
    check how many cals MFP gives you when you set it to lose 1/2lb, then add 100 calories this week, the another 100 next week etc etc until you get to that figure.

that being said, if your profile picture if you now, i really dont see where another 7lbs are going to come from!!!!

Ha! I wish that was me!! :)

Thanks for the tips.
  • ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    When I've hit stalls I just ate more for a few days. Then I start losing again.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    You dont eat enough.

This is metabolic slowdown.

Lets do a test!
    Weight
    Body Fat%
    Occupation (general)
    Workout routine

I'll post what you should be netting daily.
  • uwdawg07
    Options
    You dont eat enough.

This is metabolic slowdown.

Lets do a test!
    Weight
    Body Fat%
    Occupation (general)
    Workout routine

I'll post what you should be netting daily.

Cool - thanks!

Height: 5'3"
    Weight: 122 (goal 115)
    Don't know my body fat %
    Consulting work, so I'm on the computer, but I try to stay fairly active during working hours.
    Workout routine: 60-65 minute fast paced walk six days a week, then 65-75 minutes six days a week of cardio or cardio and weights. I do a lot of HIIT as well.

I've been eating around 1200-1300 calories for probably close to a year...can't quite remember when I went down that low.
  • uwdawg07
    Options
    Any other tips? Thanks! :)