Biggest Loser Wii Game - Question if you've tried this

Options
I'm currently using EA Active and Wii Fit Plus but am looking at getting The Biggest Loser one and maybe another too as I have started having problems with the EA Active freezing and doing weird things like my character squatting down in squats whilst I'm still standing. I've tried changing the remote over, changing the nunchuck, repositioning the leg strap all sorts of things but it's now starting freezing on the other things like throwing the ball back in baseball etc. I can't say I've noticed any such problem with the Wii Fit Plus and I have noticed a few light scuff type scratches on the back of the disc so I am guessing it's probably to do with this unless of course my Wii is about to croak. Anyhow, I'm not getting to the point here.

My question is: Can you take certain exercises out of routines - like skipping or jogging. The reason why I am asking this is not because I don't want to try these but because I have rheumatoid arthritis and when I do high impact exercise such as these it causes my arthritis to flare up and my feet end up very painful. I was also advised by my doctor to stick with walking or low impact exercises. I've just done EA Active for a couple of days on an easy routine but the running in it has meant I had to give my normal walk home from church a miss yesterday as under my heel and the ball of my foot is very painful to walk on so I now can't walk to a reasonable speed.

Other than this can anyone recommend any others as I cannot currently afford a gym membership and with uncertainty about my job I may not be able to afford one for quite a sigificant time unless I can afford to prepay from any redundancy payment I may get should that happen.

Replies

• wendye1960
    wendye1960 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm just bumping this up to the top.
  • blankcanvas
    Options
    I've been using Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds DVD. I enjoy using the belt that comes with it (bungee cords with handles attached to the belt) so I get strength and upper body workout too:) I have hip and shoulder bursitis and I find this has been very easy for me to do, I'm up to 3 mile walk, which Ido everyday..it's web about 3 weeks and I'm just starting to see and feel a difference. I'm waiting until I've done it for an entire month before I record results, but I do feel my clothes starting to fit more comfortable!
  • lois4468
    lois4468 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I asked a question about the Wii the other day and no one answered. I guess they just don't consider it "real" exercise. I have the Wii Fit and alos Wii Fitness Coach. It seemed like a pretty good workout to me. I was looking at the EA one but gave up on it. I found a lot of negative reviews. I don't know anything about the Biggest loser one. You can go to YouTube and search on it or Fitness Coach and find videos for them and get a good look before buying. You can also search for any other exercise video. If you have a Netflix account they have some you can do too. Mostly the Dance ones and the 10 Minute Solutions. Still a good workout if you don't want the newer stuff. I'm over 60 and really not into the ones they talk about on here. Best of luck on what you find.
  • DekuNutty
    Options
    Hey. I'm not sure about The Biggest Loser, but The Biggest Loser Challenge has the ability to do a freeplay mode where you can choose your own routines, put certain exercises in, keep others out. It means that you won't be doing the actual challenge, but it's good for just exercising. Also, during the routines, I just tend to... Well. Not do the ones like skipping and jumping jacks, as my legs are quite weak. and uh... Certain parts of me fly into my face.
    Also, with not being able to afford a gym membership, it might be an idea to ask around and see if any local colleges or the likes have any membership schemes at a low price. I know that the college in my area has a membership for £6 a month for students and £12 a month for non students.
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I use Kinect so the gameplay may be slightly different but there's a freeplay mode like Deku mentioned on BLC and there's also another game available called Get Fit With Mel B that you can customise exactly what exercises you do and how many reps you do of them :smile:
  • maden2629
    maden2629 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I also have RA. When I started exercising Like running and jumping jacks etc... I used a mini trampoline, much easier on the joints.
  • wendye1960
    wendye1960 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I asked a question about the Wii the other day and no one answered. I guess they just don't consider it "real" exercise. I have the Wii Fit and alos Wii Fitness Coach. It seemed like a pretty good workout to me. I was looking at the EA one but gave up on it. I found a lot of negative reviews. I don't know anything about the Biggest loser one. You can go to YouTube and search on it or Fitness Coach and find videos for them and get a good look before buying. You can also search for any other exercise video. If you have a Netflix account they have some you can do too. Mostly the Dance ones and the 10 Minute Solutions. Still a good workout if you don't want the newer stuff. I'm over 60 and really not into the ones they talk about on here. Best of luck on what you find.

Thanks very much I'll have a look at the fitness coach ones. I have Just Dance 1 and Wii Zumba 1 already which I have done a couple of times but I find I need to be feeling really energetic to do those. Also EA Active has some toning elements so I am including some strength work as well as burning the calories. It's a shame really because I've enjoyed using it but the way it has started freezing is beginning to make it unusable.
  • jenqoe
    jenqoe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The Fitness Coach Cardio Training one is brilliant if you like boxing moves. I picked up the bug from doing the rhythm boxing on the Wii Fit plus and just on combining the Wii Fit Plus and Cardio Training I've managed to start dropping lbs after being stuck on a two month plateau. (So I'm now a big fan of Wii workouts!)

Biggest Loser is ok - I've just started dong it and there's some interesting things on it to try out though I've not fully explored it yet.