HELP!! SLOWLY working my way up to the 40 min JM BFBM

Options
Hey

I started the Jillian Michael's BFBM workout last monday night. I thought I was rather fit.. HA! She really worked me good! I was only able to keep up with the begining warm up and the first 2 "circuits". At that, I was dead, so I fast-forwarded and did the cooldown stretching.

The next morning, it was hard to walk.. my calves were so tight! I made sure I walked a lot and did some more stretching. Then, this morning (wednesday), my calves seem even more tight than yesterday, and it's even harder to walk normal.

I'm gonna try to start it again tomorrow morning, after stretching and maybe some bengay cream tonight. Hopefully that'll help ease the muscles. It's hard to chase after an almost-3-yr-old son when your calves are tight like this! :)

Anybody else have the same problem? What did you do?

Any advise, comments are welcome! Thanks

Replies

• serentity78
    serentity78 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    LOL I did this for the first time yesterday and OMG! I did the whole thing and wasn't sure I was going to make it. I am trying to do this one on weekend and her kickbox during the week. I have been doing 30ds and kickbox all 20min so for me this 45min was way intense! I actually didn't do it today because I am so sore! I was surprised as I have been doing the others for a few weeks! I will do kickbox for a few days and do this one wed I hope well thats the plan....I find with being sore its best to work through it with less intense movements or do part of the dvd...my goal is to get through it all again but will be on kickbox fast gix for a few days! LOL
  • jenqoe
    jenqoe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I can do about 37 mins of it on a good day, though I usually jog on the spot for the 180/twist jumps as the last time I did them I buggered my knees up. Always skip the floor exercises as well, as I avoid floor exercises like the plague! My calves have just about gotten used to the level of it now though - used to have to do one day on and one day off to be in any state to do anything!

I'm waiting for the JM kickbox DVD to come out in the UK as the kick boxing moves in the BFBM are my favourite bits.
  • maureenec
    maureenec Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just tried this for the first time this morning. I run, so I didn't find the cardio to be way beyond my capacity, but I was definitely huffing and puffing. We'll see if I'm sore tomorrow. I think this is a good workout - it's also not mentioned a lot. I wonder why. I would think someone needing to boost metabolism would love this.

I'm sure you'll get there. What if you modified the exercises rather than skipping them. Like, when she says squat jumps, leave out the jumps. Or just use, in JM's words, "a smaller range of motion." I think you could also jump rope or jog in place through any tough ones.

My one complaint about it is that it doesn't seem to do any strength training, but then I thought, if I'm burning fat, who cares???