soggy veggies

Options
hopo37
hopo37 Posts: 14 Member
OK.. I attempted at making roasted zuchinni yesterday.. and it came out like mush.. anyone have any suggestions I can try for next time? The roasted cauliflower came out awesome! Thanks for any tips :)

Replies

• AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I would say bigger chunks and a little less time in there. Were you doing the cauliflower and the zucchini at the same time? If so the cauliflower will take longer, perhaps nuke that for a bit then add the zucchini in later?

Feels weird typing zucchini as I'm from the UK and it's a courgette here lol!
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Cut the zucchini in bigger chunks, do NOT salt before roasting cause the salt draws out the water. I only put olive oil, pepper, garlic powder on it before I roast it.
    Bake it at 400-425°F and make sure the pan is not too packed because otherwise the veggies will rather cook than roast.
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I'll suggest the opposite of what Dee said. For roasting or baking, it's best to drain zucchini and eggplant (purely for aesthetics and taste of course). Slice them, salt them and let them sit for 20 minutes.
  • hopo37
    hopo37 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    OK.. maybe I had too many on the pan.. I do not use salt on anything so maybe it was holding to much moisture.. thanks for the tips !!